Saving Cinema - The 2021 Line Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Cinema - The 2021 Line Up

The new year is bearing down on us and usually we do a little poll at the end of the year looking forward to what is on the horizon in terms of major known films but plenty gets announced and released later too. This may be less so this time because under the current pandemic issues we can't guarantee these major films will even make it out this coming year themselves either but...

Of the above major planned and known 2021 movie releases, which are you most looking forward to seeing?
    Which will you see overall and will you return to the cinema?
    Peter Rabbit 2
    0%
    Tom and Jerry
    0%
    Raya and the Last Dragon
    0%
    The King's Man
    0%
    Morbius
    0%
    Fast and Furious 9
    0%
    No Time to Die
    0%
    Mortal Kombat
    0%
    A Quiet Place: Part II
    0%
    Black Widow
    0%
    Cruella
    0%
    Spiral: Saw IX
    0%
    Godzilla vs Kong
    0%
    Free Guy
    0%
    The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It
    0%
    Ghostbusters III: Afterlife
    0%
    Luca
    0%
    Minions: The Rise of Gru
    0%
    Venom II: Let There Be Carnage
    0%
    Uncharted
    0%
    Top Gun: Maverick
    0%
    Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    0%
    Jungle Cruise
    0%
    The Suicide Squad
    0%
    Death on the Nile
    0%
    Dune
    0%
    Halloween Kills
    0%
    Eternals
    0%
    Encanto
    0%
    Mission: Impossible VII
    0%
    Spider-Man 3
    0%
    The Matrix 4
    0%
    Hotel Transylvania 4
    0%
    Sing 2
    0%

The new Jimmy B film is an obvious choice but top of my list there is A Quiet Place 2. The first film was one of those films that took me by surprise being far better than I had expected. Curious about Dune as well. I’ll be back at the cinema as soon as I can. I’ve really missed it this year. Tenet is the only film I’ve seen at the cinema this year.

Comment

Loads I want to see. Not in a cinema though.

Comment

I can't see any of these realistically making it out this year let alone get to the cinema & I certainly won't be going to the Cinema even if they did get there...but then I don't go to the Cinema anyway & just get them when they release on Blu-Ray

But yeah I still can't see many of them releasing at all

Neil

Comment

Like last year, Top Gun 2 is most wanted for me. The trailer in the cinema was incredible and I really hope to see it on the best screen I can.

Comment

Ghostbusters remains my most anticipated though I'm sceptical that it'll see a 2021 release, same for Matrix 4.
            I'm beyond indifferent to Bond at this point so next would probably be stuff like Spider-Man 3 but again for the other Peter's

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Loads I want to see. Not in a cinema though.
              Loads I want to see, in a cinema.
              Just not during a pandemic.

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              Like last year, Top Gun 2 is most wanted for me. The trailer in the cinema was incredible and I really hope to see it on the best screen I can.
              A lot of these are going to lose their impact when people watch them on their phones standing in a train commute.

That's a great list, thanks Supes. Made a checklist from those suggestions to see how we get on!
              Stopped after The Invisible Man in 2020 because, well cinemas stopped apart from Tenet.

Interesting to see if all those films go straight to streaming like was suggested.

Comment

I agree. Something like Godzilla v Kong is average on a TV or tablet but so cool in a cinema.

Comment

Can't say that list really fills me with optimism - far too many action/superhero titles that will be exactly the same formula.

Top Gun 2 I do want to see, given Top Gun is clearly the greatest film of all time. Tentively hoping that the Dune remake will be a decent version, but I'm not sure there was really a need to rehash it. Matrix 4, well, given how poor the sequels were to the great original, potentially that could be an improvement, but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Well if that's the lineup that's meant to save cinema, god help it

Of what's there, Free Guy sounds interesting. It would be great if it were good and actually funny - good comedy movies are the rarest beast of all. And I'll certainly watch Mission Impossible 7 and Ghostbusters 3. But the rest of the list is pretty boring for me.

Comment

The French Dispatch is missing from that list.

Comment

Although I love films, I haven't been to a cinema since 1997, when my local one shut due to the influence of a lousy overpriced Cineworld.

Comment

I'm intrigued by THE MATRIX IV. It will be very interesting to see, given that we pretty much are in the matrix, now.

Ideally, I'd like to watch it on the big screen. If I have to watch it via streaming, what's the point in waiting for it being a 'big movie' on the Samsung?

Deffo need to see that at the flicks, if they're still gonna be open. When the flicks are gone then the light of life will be that much dimmer.

But we shall see what 2021 brings.

Comment

Working...
                          X