• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was my favourite Aloud girl too

Comment

39 is too early

Comment

Damn right - heard she had been diagnosed last year but apparently had taken too long to seek medical advice because of the pandemic.

Remember seeing her part trashing a Ferrari during a publicity stunt on Fifth Gear for Girls Aloud with Jason Plato alongside her being very embarrased.

Found it:-

Sarah Harding (from British and Irish Pop Girl Group - "Girls Aloud" driving a Ferrari on an edition of "Fifth Gear".

Legend.

Bit of a wild child with more than the average additional 'other' problems but she came good and was considered a decent actress too.

Sad to die so young.

Comment

“The Wire’’ actor Michael K. Williams was found dead of a suspected drug overdose in his Brooklyn penthouse Monday afternoon, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Actor Michael K Williams, from The Wire, has been found dead aged 54

Also:

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://nypost.com/2021/09/06/actor-...ium=SocialFlow
            Actor Michael K Williams, from The Wire, has been found dead aged 54
            A ridiculously talented actor who unfortunately had a lot of personal and professional struggles.

RIP.

Comment

Maria Mendiola;
              María Mendiola, one of the members of the duo Baccara, has died in Madrid at the age of 69.

Comment

Norm Macdonald passes away from cancer, one of the best comedians ever. I never caught prime Norm as i was to young and it was all on American TV, but seeing clips of him in the past with from his standups and appearances on Larry King/Letterman/Conan made me a fan.

He did have a bit of comeback 4-5 years ago with his fantastic youtube interview show (taken off YT to be put on netflix with a new 3rd run of it, which never got made, though one final standup tour did) where he would get sorts of comedians on like Seinfeld and Sandler, and if he got on someone he didn't respect much he'd run circles around them. Also worth hunting down him on the youtube big live comedy show around the same time where he was a guest host with 2 'trendie' youtubers taking the piss out of this YT event all day.

RIP legend.

Comment

Sir Clive Sinclair, 81.

Comment

A Titan has fallen.

I never owned a Speccy. However, the British coding scene, and subsequent development industry, owes a debt beyond measure to Sir Clive.

Comment

Oh no that's sad, I never had a speccy but for Christmas once I did get one of the Sinclair calculators with the great purple leds.
                      Probably cost my parents more than what a PS5 would today and the batteries lasted about three minutes.

Happy days.

Comment

I did, it broke down after about a month and took three to get repaired and be returned. It got upgraded with the "Spectrum Plus" kit a few years later and I still own that machine.

Although my first experience with computers was learning to program the Apple II, it's fair to say that it was Sinclair that really catapulted me into a career in IT.

Sad times indeed.

Comment

I was never a speccy fan but I sure do understand the importance of Sir Clive. He was behind so many inventions while I was a kid. The speccy line of computers, pocket TVs and of course his C5 electric vehicle. As a kid I thought the C5 was so cool. As an adult I think it is Retro Cool but I'd never buy one for serious commuting. For short trips I'd do on foot or by bicycle maybe.

Comment

Spectrum DeadX-81 indeed! Despite the Spectrum it's easily the C5 that I associate my memories with him to instead. I remember him being on shows like Tomorrow's World (I think it was that) trying to promote it at the time and it was such a clearly oddball thing to pitch... but... the execution may have been off but in a sense he was on the money. He was trying to pre-empt the modern era inner city congestion issue for commuters and whilst e-scooters and bikes are how it has been done he was still forward thinkingly on the money in identifying the market.

Comment

My brothers got a black Spectrum +2 128k with the tape drive when I was probably 6. I played on it more than they did. Dan Dare and Batman and Renegade, we had loads. My brothers would always buy tapes from some dodgy car boot guy, and I'd end up playing them all.
                              Spectrum is the reason I'm a gamer now.

RIP Clive.

Comment

Legendary England and Tottenham Hotspur footballer Jimmy Greaves has died after long-term illness.

He was 81.

World Cup-winning England striker and Tottenham's record goalscorer Jimmy Greaves dies at the age of 81.

Comment

Working...
                                X