Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funds raises were for NHS Charities Together, not the NHS directly and the amounts raised, even though in the millions were it even going to fund the NHS directly would have accounted for 0.0165% of the yearly budget, which stands at £150 billion nominal for 2020. The Government added an extra £52 billion to this for Covid-19 - this accounts for about 7% of UK GDP (probably more given the tanking economy).

It was a pippet drop in a swimming pool.
    Last edited by MartyG; 03-02-2021, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      How is it in any way related to his diagnosis of pneumonia Covid-19 unless it's trying to tie a link between the two events?
      Because a long flight in a low cabin pressure environment can cause problems for elderly flyers, low blood oxygen levels, change in lung capacity causing mucus to shift etc.

Comment

So you are trying to tie a link between the two events that were weeks apart?

Comment

I had no idea about the holiday.

I had to hold my tongue the other week as my ex-in-laws went to Hawaii for a week. "They followed all the protocols", really? What about the "don't leave the ****ing country"?

Anyways, I'm not trying to further derail the thread.

Comment

No, he's implying the flights were condusive to him getting pneumonia. Which he then had to be hospitalised for. And then caught Covid in hospital while being treated.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              No, he's implying the flights were condusive to him getting pneumonia. Which he then had to be hospitalised for. And then caught Covid in hospital while being treated.
              Yes, so basically saying he wouldn't have caught pneumonia had he not gone on holiday, despite these events being weeks apart, tying the two events together, the inference being if there was no flight he'd still be walking about, albiet with that wheel frame.

If this isn't the case, then it has no relevance.
              Last edited by MartyG; 03-02-2021, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                So you are trying to tie a link between the two events that were weeks apart?
                I don’t know what you want me to say?
                I wasn’t saying he contracted covid whilst he was on holiday, he contracted it in hospital after being discharged after having pneumonia.
                Are you trying to tell me there’s no links between him flying (twice) being on holiday with the risks involved during a global pandemic that a respiratory infection couldn’t have happened in that time?

I’ve said what I said, there’s relevance to it but people are just choosing to ignore it, much like they ignore rules and regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  Are you trying to tell me there’s no links between him flying (twice) being on holiday with the risks involved during a global pandemic that a respiratory infection couldn’t have happened in that time?
                  Yes - exactly that. There is no direct link between the events.

Are there risks? Sure.

Did one cause the other in this case? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    I wasn’t saying he contracted covid whilst he was on holiday
                    I feel like you need to go back and take a little look at what Kryss asked and what you replied with.

Comment

John Fletcher (Ecstasy) from Whodini died on 23rd December 2020. Only just found out. Whodini were one of the first bands I ever saw line on the RunDMC Raising Hell tour in '86. Whodini completely stole the show.

Look out for a young Laurence Fishburn!

Comment

^that is actually sad.

What is sadder is all the shid I read before the above post.

Be men, ffs. Shut the f up and finguuur uuuur wimmin.

Christ's sake, I'm starting to feel ashamed of being associated with this place...

Be men.

Comment

Not kidding right now. Annoyed.

Talk about games warmly and humorously. Like we did until 2020.

Comment

PS: any response to my ire will be met with "Be men."

I'm not stirring this pot any further, I've just smashed it, anyway. Look at yourselves!!!!!!!

Comment

RIP, Christopher Plummer.

Absolute ledge.

ABSOLUTE ledge.

That way he nicked that Kevin Spacey flick was more than Legendary. What a geezer.

WHAT a geezer! RIP Chris Plums, you led an amazing, classy life and was always brilliant throughout!!!!

WHAT a geez!!!!!

Comment

Yeah I loved the guy, seemed like a top bloke in his roles he took as well as plenty of voice acting

Sound of Music, Knives Out, International Velvet, Star Trek 6, American Tale, My dog tulip, National Treasure, great roles and so recognizable!

Comment

Working...
                                X