Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Omen Legacy of Kain - PS1 version VS PC Version

Hello forum,

I'm new here. Mainly participating to the discussion to have access to the trading threads actually, where I would like to place a couple of Wants.

However, since I did not find any thread related to Blood Omen Legacy of Kain I am going to open one. I always played the PC Version, and it's one of my all time favourite, but then a few days ago I realised sprite animations are like 50% slower on PC than PS1.

Started playing yesterday the PS1 and I am having a blast, so much more fluid. I can't believe I loved it all these years, and essentially played a bugged version.

Did you know of the difference?

I remember renting this on the ps1 from global video for a weekend and loving it, The Zelda like exploration and power system but bloody and gothic setting hooked me in. I tried to play it on the playstaon a few years back and found it all really ugly, its not aged well at all but its still good fun, id love them to revisit this series and bring it back, or give the first few games the remake treatment.

Comment

A direct sequel is unlikely since there were some legal troubles between Silicon Knights and Crystal Dynamics, which were settled privately. Whatever the settlement was, it eventually caused no more sequels to be worked on by Silicon Knights.

Other titles of the series were made by Crystal Dynamics but somehow that never managed to hold the same atmosphere, at least in my opinion.

I found a similar state of mind playing Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem, made by Silicon Knights for GameCube.

Comment

Working...
      X