Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Heart on a Chain" episode stuck with me the most.

As a kid, you feel invulnerable, so it was interesting to see a child dying in a TV show.
    "Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse."

Episode 1007: "Heart on a Chain" Watch on Hulu Original Airdate:  November 3, 1991 One-Sentence Synopsis:  Marshall and his ...

Comment

I remember watching Primer years ago and being really impressed. A mate of mine who loves it also recommends a film called Coherence too. Not sure what the thematic link is between the two but both tend to be talked about together. Still haven't stumbled across it myself but hoping it pops up somewhere soon.

EDIT: Eerie Indiana was class I remember it being out of dvd but not sure if there was ever a blu release.

Comment

I think I've seen Coherence, but it was pretty forgettable if I have!
        There's not reeeeeally a link to Primer, but can see it at a push.

No funny physics going on, but a theme shared with Coherence of an awkward dinner party is The Invitation (2015 via Netflix), which was really good as you're constantly wondering if the protagonist is right or if he's having paranoid delusions.

I'd definitely recommend you seeing that.

Comment

Not wrong I love that level of sci fi saw another Michael Crichton cracker recently called Looker where models are being replaced with cgi replicas in advertising, was excellent! Full of babes, chases and even had a primitive CGI scene I think the first cgi body in a film, its on screen for a few seconds and small too

Comment

My maaaan. *fist bump*

Never seen Looker, but I'll admit I thought the Suzanne Vega sing was about it for years.

My name is Luka
            I live on the second floor
            I live upstairs from you
            Yes I think you've seen me before

Comment

Re-watched Capricorn One last night for the first time in years.

Far, far from great and very much of its time (late 70s) but even if the central premise is almost totally unbelievable and there is some weak casting it is still well enough put together to entertain.

The set piece chase near the end is the standout action sequence even if the you've seen the same sort of things dozen times since (and before) it is still a good example of that even if the conclusion if a bit feeble.

Comment

I think Capricorn One is a little cracker. Bought it from a charity shop a year or so back as I had a hankering to watch it again.

Has some really tense moment, helped along by the fantastic score.

Great cast too! James Brolin is a great lead although I confused him with Lee Majors when I was younger.

Amazing to think NASA went along with the filming and provided props after working with producer Paul Lazarus on Futureworld.

I also love how Lew Grade's production company ITC made it!

Comment

Children of the Corn - Adapted from Stephen King's short story this is an okay little film, not the best King story to hit the screen and not the worst. It's got a great small town vibe going on with a location that feels miles and miles from anywhere. It feels lawless almost, operating by its own ancient rules. Anything can happen. It's nothing amazing but it's a nostalgic 80s treat.

I Know What You Did Last Summer - Coming very soon after Scream, this did nothing as radical with the genre, it just enjoyed and celebrated it. It really does nothing exceptional, but it does tick some of the right boxes. The cast are great and perfect slasher fodder. The small coastal town setting is perfect (even starts with a ghost/urban myth story being told around a campfire on the beach, rather like The Fog). The only weak link really is the baddie ain't that scary. Didn't stop it being a fun watch though.

Comment

Friday night slasher this week was Jeepers Creepers - It starts well. There's menace in the air and you've got two college kids in the middle of nowhere. It's fun in places too, it's really not all bad ... until you get up close with the baddie ... one that might just qualify for 'villain of the week' in a Buffy the Vampire Slayer filler ep. Good and bad.

Comment

I remember the first section of that film being fantastic. Needless to say, I had know idea the director was, well, what he is.

Comment

Ah, I had no idea until I just googled it

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Friday night slasher this week was Jeepers Creepers - It starts well.
                            Do we find out where they got them peepers?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Do we find out where they got them peepers?
                                Yes, we do find that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X