Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What made me laugh is that in the bus scene a lot of the bus effects are poorly done and needlessly use obvious CG, yet in Black Widow they green screened Florence and Scarlett talking at a café table, literally everything but them and the table was digitally added and it was much better done as you couldn't tell. Given the action films like Wick can deliver on a fraction of the budget I'd like Shang-Chi 2 to kind of spearhead Marvel stripping things down a lot as the rings definitely detract from the action

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      yet in Black Widow they green screened Florence and Scarlett talking at a café table, literally everything but them and the table was digitally added
      WHY THOUGH?!

Thing is, it may have been done well but there was also a chance it might not have been. VFX artists are overworked and you can see the budget being stretched in Marvel films these days. So it was a roll of the dice. But you know what looks like a real cafe all the time? A real cafe. Or a set.

The CG in Marvel films seemed to get worse at a certain point and even huge movies like Infinity War with massive budgets have some really dodgy CG. I loved Black Panther but the CG at the end, which was mostly just supposed to be two guys in suits fighting (so could have been made with, let's see... two guys in suits fighting), was really bad. And maybe the VFX budgets are being stretched because the teams are making cafe backgrounds.

Comment

See, I think this is a great use of CGI.
        I was shocked to see the house in Gone Girl is a set and all the outside is CGI.
        It's subtle and not what the scene is about.

I think Infinity War had some plot rewrites, so some of the CGI is a bit rushed, IMHO.

My original point is that as soon as a scene becomes more fantastical and CGI-reliant, I personally find them less exciting:
        Blade Bloodbath club fight is better than Blade II when Cat appears bouncing around.
        Neo's actual fights in 1&2 are better than flying in the sky in 3.
        Shang-Chi fighting on a bus is better than fighting on the back of a flying dragon.

All IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          See, I think this is a great use of CGI.
          I was shocked to see the house in Gone Girl is a set and all the outside is CGI.
          It's subtle and not what the scene is about.
          Amazing. Fincher has used cgi brilliantly over the years.

Comment

The other one that blew my mind was the John Wick 3 VFX.
            (Sorry if I've posted this before)

Comment

I had no idea CGI was used in Zodiac till I read about it after seeing the film at least a few times. Fincher does use it really cleverly.

Comment

Mostly putting cameras where there is no business being cameras.

Comment

I notice zero bad CGI on Marvel films. Or most others. It’s just not something I tune into.

Comment

Last night I watched the original Matrix. Got to say that I thought it still held up well.

Comment

Watched Luc Besson's Anna on Tuesday.

OK of its kind but feels derivative of many other films like a cross between Luc Besson's own thirty year old: La Femme Nikkita and the more recent Jennifer Lawrence film: Red Sparrow.

Action scenes are OK, a bit over the top sometimes but it is all entertaining enough if you're looking for something undemanding.

Comment

Malignant
                        I could explain why, or try to, but just go with me on this... don't watch it. It's awful. Really bad. It takes a lot for me to come out a cinema with a clear verdict like that. No idea what was going on with Wan when he signed this **** off.

Comment

The Matrix: Revolutions

I’m one of those anomalies who likes this. Sure, it’s been slapped in an oven set to gas mark bananas after being marinated for a week in mumbo jumbo about exe files falling in love, but I find myself enjoying it a little more each time I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            The Matrix: Revolutions

I’m one of those anomalies who likes this. Sure, it’s been slapped in an oven set to gas mark bananas after being marinated for a week in mumbo jumbo about exe files falling in love, but I find myself enjoying it a little more each time I see it.
                            I think I like Revolutions more than Reloaded. Sure its hammy and Hugo is chewing the scenary. But its enjoyable and I think has more heart than Reloaded.

Comment

I watched Zombieland Double Tap last night and really enjoyed it. I’m not quite sure how Eisenberg gets cast in anything but he’s okay in here and everyone else is great, especially Woody from Cheers who steals a lot of the movie. It’s a really funny movie and the addition of the Madison character really took the comedy up a notch and yet it all feels so natural even in the sillier moments, like it’s not having to try too hard to be funny. The humour is all just a part of these characters being together. And it’s a great character movie.

The only negative is that, as a result of being a movie of character moments, the big end sequence is kind of just thrown in to have a big end sequence before the end credits roll. It works and it’s a good moment but it’s not like the movie was leading to that one ending. It just happens.

That’s okay though. I really enjoyed this. I actually found it to be better than the first one. Just more consistent throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Alien
                                Have you ever watched the John Hurt scene frame by frame.

If not then you should.

Comment

Working...
                                X