Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okaaaay, on that note, I watched Thor 2 (Dark World) in 3D with my son and we really enjoyed it. Made me laugh more than I remember first time around.

Found The Parallax View is on Prime and I really want to see it after the first 10 mins gripped me, but the kids were around.

Also saw Re-animator is on Prime and watched that for the first time. It was pretty good fun with plenty of gore.
    Probably least comfortable with the decapitated heads licking the nipples of a gratuitously naked woman.

Comment

^hey, QC, it wasn't meant as a dig. I feel really sad when I lose joy for stuff. I remember queuing up outside the ABC in the early '80s to see SUPERMAN 2, proper giddy. And when that film exceeded my expectations...WOW!!!!

I actually find my love for Stuart Gordon's movies has increased. I rewatched FROM BEYOND last year and it was an 11/10. And the COLOURS!!!!!

I'd recommend you check out DAGON, this is my thing alone but tell me that did not inspire Resi 4!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, it’s def not a dig. Just an opinion. And The Parallax View is an absolute banger. As is From Beyond.

Comment

Not seen The Parallax View, now I will deffo seek it out!!!!

Please let us know if you see it turn up on the Freeview or Netflix, I've got an upstairs/downstairs telly situation and I hardly use the one downstairs but that's the one with the Sky Box on!!!
          Last edited by JazzFunk; 12-04-2021, 16:07.

Comment

ThumderForce:

Looked ridiculous but we saw Jason Bateman was in it so instawatch for us. Had us laughing all the way through it. Really really stupid movie but we loved it.

Comment

I've been lazy about posting in here, but here's one.

Palm Springs

Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti have a meet cute at a wedding, hitting it off over their mutual cynicism about love and happiness. The twist - they're soon stuck in an infinite time loop, doomed to repeat the same wedding over and over, and only they can remember the previous times the day has repeated.

Yes, indeed...

...and while you can expect a lot of the same tropes (attempts to escape by suicide, running away, enjoying the ability to live large with no consequences), this film is a lot of fun, and easily does enough to justify its existence. The two stars have a ton of chemistry, there's a tight script with some great lines, JK Simmons does an excellent turn, and at 91 minutes the film doesn't outstay its welcome.

Light and frothy fun in the sun, done right. Recommended.

It's exclusive to Prime, although sadly only available in HD, not UHD (bummer).

Comment

I tried to get the family to watch Palm Springs on Saturday ... I lost them at 'I think it's a bit like Groundhog Day'.

Looking forward to seeing it myself, literally by myself. Also looking forward to Nomadland hitting Disney Plus this month too.

Comment

Prime are going nuts with the purchasing. Sound of Metal is somehow on there. 4K HDR.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    I tried to get the family to watch Palm Springs on Saturday ... I lost them at 'I think it's a bit like Groundhog Day'.

Looking forward to seeing it myself, literally by myself. Also looking forward to Nomadland hitting Disney Plus this month too.
                    Whaaat? They don’t like Groundhog Day?! I suggest firing your family.

Yeah, just saw that this morning about Nomadland - I’ll have to reup my sub for a month when it drops. I’m curious to see what Star is like - previously when I had D+ not long after launch it was kids films/Marvel/Simpsons and that was it, so I cancelled after I’d had my fill of classic Simpsons.

Comment

Re, superhero flicks.

Since when did nerds get so picky? Jesus, guys. These are halcyon days, the like of which we’ve never seen before. You’ve picked a right time to lose your mojo for dweebery.

Comment

That's the worst part! If these had come out a bit sooner in my life, I'd be all over them!!! I think it was X-Men, the first one, that's when I first noticed it. The anhedonia.

It's sad losing one's superhero movie mojo.

Comment

I don’t know what that word means, but it sounds awesome.

I still get giddy, like a right little spenk, when watching these films.

Comment

I *did* enjoy WATCHMEN, tho. And SIN CITY, if you count Marv as a superhero. And the Bale Batmans. And the Raimi Spidey flicks.

So I still like SOME!

Comment

PS it means an inability to enjoy things, usually when you don't find something fun anymore. It's awful.

However, it's not always permadeath. Sometimes it comes back.

Comment

The Death of Joy, in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                                X