Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to watch Justice League but I know I need to watch BvS first and I can't bring myself to watch 7 hours of DC movies. They aren't good enough.

Comment

It's a shame they fumbled so hard with it, if the new JL is as much of an improvement as is being said then if it weren't for BvS it'd be a solid trilogy arc.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Our Odeon in Middlesbrough (which had a massive and ornate main screen auditorium) became a Jumpin Jak’s briefly before being levelled for a quid-a-day car park. It’s like dodgy 70s councillors with teddy boy haircuts are still signing off dodgy deals.
        Redcar Regent Cinema FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Redcar Regent Cinema FTW!

Yeah, that and the Globe Theatre in Stockton are definitely something to feel good about.

Comment

Rewatched BLADE, earlier, the 1998 Wesley Snipes one. First time in about 23yrs (I saw it once at the cinema in like late 1998 or summat but never ever watched it again, despite finding it quite epic).

I was impressed. Manifold. This is a very nice-looking movie, good art behind it, even the dated CGI works really well and this movie is about a comic book, anyway, innit???!!!

This wasn't majorly dated. It's still really, REALLY cool. And Snipes is brill, you know he is, he's kicking arse with gravitas in this.

Yeah. Surprised. The NY-looking streets look BEAUTIFUL and the overall cinematography and choonz are classy and intelligent. Good stuff!!!!!!!

Still got 2 and Trinity to watch. Even if they're half as good as this, they'll still be better than 78% of the movies I watch!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And when I saw it at the flicks, I couldn't stand Stephen Dorff at all, I hated the dwad.

But 23yrs on, he's PERFECT, he's amazing, he IS a vampire!!!!!!

He's got that face. Heroes or crazies.

Comment

The Cloverfield Paradox

That's a mess of a film. It's obvious it started filming as one thing (God Particle) and was changed mid filming to tie it into Cloverfield. The plot and characters make zero logical sense.
                I never want to see another 'Cloverfield' film again now.

Comment

I wanna see that!!!! I'm well into my particle accelerator/quark-type stuff. But I'm pretty sure it won't be as good as John Goodman in the second one. What a dood that guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    And when I saw it at the flicks, I couldn't stand Stephen Dorff at all, I hated the dwad.

But 23yrs on, he's PERFECT, he's amazing, he IS a vampire!!!!!!

He's got that face. Heroes or crazies.
                    He’s in a great movie called ‘Judgment Night’, along with a cracking cast.

Comment

^yeah, I've seen that, even got the soundtrack, love movies like that!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        ^yeah, I've seen that, even got the soundtrack, love movies like that!
                        Great soundtrack for that film. Slayer, House of Pain, Faith No More etc. Classic.

Comment

We've dried up on TV so have actually watched some movies lately!

I'm not keen on Queen, but even looking beyond that I didn't expect to like Bohemian Rhapsody, and it was about what I expected. Malik does a reasonable enough job, but I really hated the dialogue - it felt too much as it'd been written for every single line had to have a purpose to drive the story forward, as if everyone spoke in well-thought out turn of phrase 24/7, and it just felt really artificial. For a biopic, the editing was far too much and regularly took me out of it too; so many scenes with constant fast cuts, jarring CG, and so on. I thought it was a good place to tell the story up to, but closing out with a number of songs back to back felt a bit cheap to me.

Then watched Black Panther. I've mentioned it a bunch already, but I've a real chip on my shoulder over superhero films, however I keep hearing that this one's a bit different, and after watching it I'd be inclined to agree. It took a bit to really grab my attention, but thought the story was snappy and nicely self-contained, and having a fresh and interesting setting does absolute wonders for it. My biggest complaint was Martin Freeman, who is one of my least favourite actors working today, and particularly when he's trying to play an American. Woof.

Comment

I'm still the opposite with it still, they do a meticulous job of presenting the Wakanda world but otherwise the film feels very in line with the MCU plotting which is commonly generic. Captain Marvel was the same, I'm hoping Marvel shakes it up now they don't have the Endgame build up as well. Phase 4 always looked a bit flat though so still a wait to go.

Tina
                            The recent biographical documentary. It's so weird as it feels like she's died yet she's ticking along perfectly fine and in this in small doses. It was interesting even though like many we knew the broadstrokes, it's very focused on her life during and just after Ike with some covering of her 80's career revival but then quickly sprints past the following decades so no mention of her doing Goldeneye etc or the decades working since up till her recent retirement. She seems keen to do a Connery now and bow out completely to private life which is fair enough as she's about 80 and more than earnt the happiness she now has, definitely refreshes in the mind how much she's a survivor and legend.

Suicide Squad
                            The third chapter in our march to the Snyder Cut. I know this will seem daft in light of the first paragraph but it was just a fun watch. Taken as a generic action film its perfectly serviceable.

Comment

I've been told 'But this one is different!!!' so many times about Marvel films. They're all pretty much the same, including Black Panther. Great if that's your jam - they other way of looking at it is that they're remarkably consistent, and the MCU is a serious achievement any way that you look at it - but they leave me cold.

Comment

I just have no interest anymore. Maybe I'm getting too old, maybe it's because it seems like EVERY movie that's out is part of the MCU or DCU...with everything else being Disney.

That's what it feeeeeels like, anyway. I've transgressed to primarily watching movies made before I was born, these days. I don't foam for Batman flicks anymore, I foam for Ealing comedies instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X