Net Yaroze game Magic Castle Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Yaroze game Magic Castle Released

A pretty cool looking Net Yaroze game called Magic Castle was released over Christmas. It was originally made in 8 months around 1998 but wasn't finished. The developers now work in the games industry and finished it off. It's a fantasy roguelite with 3D environments, 20 floors to fight through and four classes.

Playthrough video:

Eurogamer article.

Interview with the devs and links to download it.

Grabbing it now to bung on my PS Classic.

I remember me and a mate playing a Sensible Soccer clone to death that was on one of those demo CDs you used to get with the official magazine. Happy days!

Comment

I remember a really cool 3D RPG on one of the demo disks. I remember blue skies and it maybe started on a boat? Was really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
        I remember a really cool 3D RPG on one of the demo disks. I remember blue skies and it maybe started on a boat? Was really impressive.
        Terra Incognita!

Comment

Haha, just went and found it!

Comment

Hah, I remember that too! There are some Net Yaroze collections floating around which are pretty fun to explore. Wish I'd bought a Yaroze set when they were £300 instead of £1000 now...

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
              Haha, just went and found it!

I reckon the developers of that game spent quite a bit of time playing Landstalker on the Mega Drive. It even looks like the Roguelike quasi-follow-up Time Stalkers for the Dreamcast.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Hah, I remember that too! There are some Net Yaroze collections floating around which are pretty fun to explore. Wish I'd bought a Yaroze set when they were £300 instead of £1000 now...
                I wish I'd sold mine when they were worth £1000. I sold mine for about £350 about 8 years ago. It was mint too, which is rare, as the unique plastic material that the console and pads are made of is *very* easily scratched or marked. Most of the ones in the wild are really quite tatty.

Comment

I have a Net Yaroze still. Memory card for it I think, maybe one or two other bits. Are they really worth that now?
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I have a Net Yaroze still. Memory card for it I think, maybe one or two other bits. Are they really worth that now?
                    That is the console with all the documentation and accessories yeah, or from what I can see on eBay anyway.

Comment

Cheers... I think I've got the console, matching controller, Yaroze memory card, couple of adapters or cables, maybe a book or two... didn't pay hugely for it probably 15 years ago or so. I've also got two debug units, one PAL, one US.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                      X