Yesasia...anyone still use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Yeah it's amazons biggest downfall i get stuck a lot especially when i'm looking for certain items and i don't know what they are called in japanese, i usually have to google till i find what they are called then copy paste into amazon to find the section they are all listed under.

I'm guessing this is the film you are interested in but not sure which version out of the listings is the one you want.
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/s?k=%E...ef=sr_moz_back
    Yeah that's what I do too lol
    Took me ages to find Cotton Reboot on there...still need to order it though lol

Yeah those are the titles thanks

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Amazon makes a pretty good effort at searching for English terms. Make sure to change the language as below; you'll still get some listings with Japanese in them but most of the actual interface should be fine.

I don't know exactly what it is you're looking for, but here's the first page of results I get for "a better tomorrow" - link.
    Thanks for the info I'll make sure I've set that next time I pop on there

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Oh yeah, I can see it in importaku's link - this is the one Neil's after:

It's 6300+ yen though! So it's far cheaper to get it from YesAsia.
    I had seen it on there but the only new copy was 10,000 yen!! (the 6300 is a used copy)...definitely going with Yesasia

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

I'm wondering if it's a sign of the times but went to put the order through today & there is no option for UK in the shipping drop down box

Also USA is noticeable by its absence

Looks like I won't be getting this after all now then

Neil

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested I had a reply back from Playasia overnight & Seems they have removed the UK for the time being due to post issues but they will resume as soon as normal Postal services to the UK are resumed...bums!

Neil

Comment

Probably implementing the new VAT system we've demanded...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Probably implementing the new VAT system we've demanded...
            Not sure I know post service from JPN is suspended because of the COVID rules so might just be that to be fair

Comment

I just checked Japan posts website mail to the uk is still running obviously with delays but it isn't suspended. The only services suspended are SAL everything else is running.

USA been suspended is because of a new terrorism/drug law thats just come in to do with handwritten labels on parcels it now has to be done electronically so the data is recorded or something like that.
              Last edited by importaku; 15-01-2021, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                I just checked Japan posts website mail to the uk is still running obviously with delays but it isn't suspended. The only services suspended are SAL everything else is running.

USA been suspended is because of a new terrorism/drug law thats just come in to do with handwritten labels on parcels it now has to be done electronically so the data is recorded or something like that.
                Hmm that's weird
                This was their response to my email asking why we had been removed...

[email protected] (2021-01-14 16:13:55)
                Dear Valued Customer,

Greetings from YesAsia.com!

Due to limited shipping service from shipping agents worldwide, we had temporarily revised our list of shipping destination. We apologize for the inconvenience caused if we are unable to include your country at the moment.

Should you have any further inquiry, please kindly refer to our Help Section for further assistance.
                US and Canada customers: http://www.yesasia.com/us/customer-s...r-support.html
                Customers from the rest of the world: http://www.yesasia.com/global/custom...r-support.html
                I am hoping it's just a temporary thing

Neil

Comment

Is yesasia based in japan or hong kong? maybe it's a china/hongkong thing. Still sucks though that you can't get what you wanted, hopefully they lift the restriction in the near future.

Comment

Think it's HK, completely forgotten about this company, not used them since the PSP days. Just had a look and their website looks like it hasn't been changed since then either.

Comment

[MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION] might be right about it being HK based
                      One of the sites I use for my Hot Toys figures is Hong Kong based & have a big notice on their homepage saying that all shipping services including EMS are suspended to the UK & any orders need to be through FEDEX only

Also you're right the website has never been changed lol

Neil

Comment

YA is definitely HK based, and yes shipping from HK is mega screwed up right now, it’s stopped my partner from getting her contact lenses as they always come via EMS from there. It’s a pain!

Comment

I got the limited boku no hero: heroes rising and it arrived safe and sound with no customs

Comment

I haven't used YesAsia in over a decade.

Just logged back on to it to try and pre-order the Naruhodo Legends (Ace Attorney) boxset for Switch (seemingly sold-out everywhere else), only to find that YesAsia don't ship to UK anymore.

Fvck's sake.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 30-06-2021, 09:06.

Comment

Looks like YesAsia are shipping to the UK again.

Just logged on and found that it was a selectable option.

Comment

Working...
                              X