X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesasia...anyone still use them?

Hi all,

Does anyone still use Yesasia?

Just looking at some bits on there & there & the free shipping is quite enticing

Thanks

Neil

Haven't used them in ages. And if free shipping is SAL I really prefer to pay something for an upgrade to airmail.

Comment

I'm not sure what the question is, but yeah I bought the Switch Taiko RPG thing from them a couple of months back. I used the express shipping method and got stung for customs, for what it's worth.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=7539]briareos_kerensky[/MENTION]
        Will have a look at the terms for free shipping

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        I'm not sure what the question is, but yeah I bought the Switch Taiko RPG thing from them a couple of months back. I used the express shipping method and got stung for customs, for what it's worth.
        Sorry yeah was just curious if people still used them these days & how they were for service

Bit of a pain for customs but expect that will be the same for most places these days anyway... doubt we'll get away with is that much anymore

Neil

Comment

My other half uses YesStyle often which is the same company. With the standard shipping delivery is slow, but reliable - she’s never had any issues or been stung for import tax.

TBH though Neil I would look at Amazon.jp as a first port of call these days tax is prepaid so no ridiculous ‘handling fees’ from couriers, and shipping is reasonable and lightning fast. Don’t think YesAsia are a bad shout though if they have what you need and Amazon don’t, or if their price is substantially better than Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            My other half uses YesStyle often which is the same company. With the standard shipping delivery is slow, but reliable - she’s never had any issues or been stung for import tax.

TBH though Neil I would look at Amazon.jp as a first port of call these days tax is prepaid so no ridiculous ‘handling fees’ from couriers, and shipping is reasonable and lightning fast. Don’t think YesAsia are a bad shout though if they have what you need and Amazon don’t, or if their price is substantially better than Amazon.
            Thanks buddy
            Yeah I do look on Amazon first but what I'm after is this which I can't seem to find anywhere else & especially not for the price it is on Yesasia

Buy "A Better Tomorrow (1986) (Blu-ray) (4K Ultra-HD Remastered Edition) (Hong Kong Version)" at YesAsia.com with Free International Shipping! Here you can find products of Leslie Cheung, Chow Yun Fat,, Kam & Ronson Enterprises Co Ltd & popular Hong Kong Movies & Videos.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              Thanks buddy
              Yeah I do look on Amazon first but what I'm after is this which I can't seem to find anywhere else & especially not for the price it is on Yesasia

Buy "A Better Tomorrow (1986) (Blu-ray) (4K Ultra-HD Remastered Edition) (Hong Kong Version)" at YesAsia.com with Free International Shipping! Here you can find products of Leslie Cheung, Chow Yun Fat,, Kam & Ronson Enterprises Co Ltd & popular Hong Kong Movies & Videos.

Neil
              Ah you’re way ahead of me

I didn’t know about that UHD - now I want it too!

I personally wouldn’t have a problem ordering from YesAsia but I’d do it on the free shipping and tolerate slow delivery to hopefully dodge tax.

Comment

Ah you’re way ahead of me

I didn’t know about that UHD - now I want it too!

I personally wouldn’t have a problem ordering from YesAsia but I’d do it on the free shipping and tolerate slow delivery to hopefully dodge tax.
                Don't get too excited...it's not actually a UHD it's just a 4K Remaster on standard Blu-Ray (which is region locked to Region A too) kind of like what Arrow have done with RoboCop, Thing etc.

But it's going to be much better than my original DVD copy & this also has original language soundtrack with Subs rather than the Dub I've seen

Thanks reckon I'll do that so I can finally get my hands on it

Neil

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]

Just did a bit of research and discovered that! I actually can't play Region A Blus so it's out of bounds for me. Looks like a really nice pick-up though.

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]

Just did a bit of research and discovered that! I actually can't play Region A Blus so it's out of bounds for me. Looks like a really nice pick-up though.
                    Yeah it is a bugger
                    Luckily I have an old Region A player but I am in the process of getting a multi region 4K player as well which will replace it

Think I'll be adding a few to my order as well to meet the free shipping requirements but fully expect I'll hit customs this way but finally getting my hands on God of Gamblers on Blu-Ray as well is too tempting

Neil

Comment

Man that's a blast from the past, the last time i used them was for buying some DS game guidebooks 10+ years ago. Can't say i really had any problems with them back then although sometimes the stuff they had on site that they said was in stock sometimes wasn't and you'd have to wait quite a bit for them to get their hands on it and sometimes they'd cancel on you if they couldn't get hold of said items but apart from that for the stuff they do have it was pretty stress free getting it. Today it's pretty much 99% amazon japan as whatever amazon themselves can't get one of the marketplace sellers usually have it listed and that's a lot of backstreet stores from all over japan on the marketplace you'd be amazed at some of the rare stuff you can get hold of from the marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Man that's a blast from the past, the last time i used them was for buying some DS game guidebooks 10+ years ago. Can't say i really had any problems with them back then although sometimes the stuff they had on site that they said was in stock sometimes wasn't and you'd have to wait quite a bit for them to get their hands on it and sometimes they'd cancel on you if they couldn't get hold of said items but apart from that for the stuff they do have it was pretty stress free getting it. Today it's pretty much 99% amazon japan as whatever amazon themselves can't get one of the marketplace sellers usually have it listed and that's a lot of backstreet stores from all over japan on the marketplace you'd be amazed at some of the rare stuff you can get hold of from the marketplace.
                        I have looked on Amazon but it didn't come up
                        I really struggle on Amazon.Jp because of having to put everything in in Japanese & I have no idea what A Better Tomorrow would be listed under so Yesasia was the easy option lol

If you can find it I'd be interested to see how much it is though before I plump for Yesasia

Thanks for the input though [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] I appreciate it

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          I have looked on Amazon but it didn't come up
                          I really struggle on Amazon.Jp because of having to put everything in in Japanese & I have no idea what A Better Tomorrow would be listed under so Yesasia was the easy option lol

If you can find it I'd be interested to see how much it is though before I plump for Yesasia

Thanks for the input though [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] I appreciate it

Neil
                          Yeah it's amazons biggest downfall i get stuck a lot especially when i'm looking for certain items and i don't know what they are called in japanese, i usually have to google till i find what they are called then copy paste into amazon to find the section they are all listed under.

I'm guessing this is the film you are interested in but not sure which version out of the listings is the one you want.

Comment

Amazon makes a pretty good effort at searching for English terms. Make sure to change the language as below; you'll still get some listings with Japanese in them but most of the actual interface should be fine.

I don't know exactly what it is you're looking for, but here's the first page of results I get for "a better tomorrow" - link.

Comment

Oh yeah, I can see it in importaku's link - this is the one Neil's after:

It's 6300+ yen though! So it's far cheaper to get it from YesAsia.

Comment

Working...
                              X