User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yesasia...anyone still use them?

Hi all,

Does anyone still use Yesasia?

Just looking at some bits on there & there & the free shipping is quite enticing

Thanks

Neil

Haven't used them in ages. And if free shipping is SAL I really prefer to pay something for an upgrade to airmail.

I'm not sure what the question is, but yeah I bought the Switch Taiko RPG thing from them a couple of months back. I used the express shipping method and got stung for customs, for what it's worth.

Thanks @briareos_kerensky
    Will have a look at the terms for free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I'm not sure what the question is, but yeah I bought the Switch Taiko RPG thing from them a couple of months back. I used the express shipping method and got stung for customs, for what it's worth.
    Sorry yeah was just curious if people still used them these days & how they were for service

Bit of a pain for customs but expect that will be the same for most places these days anyway... doubt we'll get away with is that much anymore

Neil

My other half uses YesStyle often which is the same company. With the standard shipping delivery is slow, but reliable - she’s never had any issues or been stung for import tax.

TBH though Neil I would look at Amazon.jp as a first port of call these days tax is prepaid so no ridiculous ‘handling fees’ from couriers, and shipping is reasonable and lightning fast. Don’t think YesAsia are a bad shout though if they have what you need and Amazon don’t, or if their price is substantially better than Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    My other half uses YesStyle often which is the same company. With the standard shipping delivery is slow, but reliable - she’s never had any issues or been stung for import tax.

TBH though Neil I would look at Amazon.jp as a first port of call these days tax is prepaid so no ridiculous ‘handling fees’ from couriers, and shipping is reasonable and lightning fast. Don’t think YesAsia are a bad shout though if they have what you need and Amazon don’t, or if their price is substantially better than Amazon.
    Thanks buddy
    Yeah I do look on Amazon first but what I'm after is this which I can't seem to find anywhere else & especially not for the price it is on Yesasia

https://www.yesasia.com/global/a-bet...0-en/info.html

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Thanks buddy
    Yeah I do look on Amazon first but what I'm after is this which I can't seem to find anywhere else & especially not for the price it is on Yesasia

https://www.yesasia.com/global/a-bet...0-en/info.html

Neil
    Ah you’re way ahead of me

I didn’t know about that UHD - now I want it too!

I personally wouldn’t have a problem ordering from YesAsia but I’d do it on the free shipping and tolerate slow delivery to hopefully dodge tax.

Ah you’re way ahead of me

I didn’t know about that UHD - now I want it too!

I personally wouldn’t have a problem ordering from YesAsia but I’d do it on the free shipping and tolerate slow delivery to hopefully dodge tax.
    Don't get too excited...it's not actually a UHD it's just a 4K Remaster on standard Blu-Ray (which is region locked to Region A too) kind of like what Arrow have done with RoboCop, Thing etc.

But it's going to be much better than my original DVD copy & this also has original language soundtrack with Subs rather than the Dub I've seen

Thanks reckon I'll do that so I can finally get my hands on it

Neil

@Soundwave

Just did a bit of research and discovered that! I actually can't play Region A Blus so it's out of bounds for me. Looks like a really nice pick-up though.

@Soundwave

Just did a bit of research and discovered that! I actually can't play Region A Blus so it's out of bounds for me. Looks like a really nice pick-up though.
    Yeah it is a bugger
    Luckily I have an old Region A player but I am in the process of getting a multi region 4K player as well which will replace it

Think I'll be adding a few to my order as well to meet the free shipping requirements but fully expect I'll hit customs this way but finally getting my hands on God of Gamblers on Blu-Ray as well is too tempting

Neil