No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And nothing will happen to him, so whats the point.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      And nothing will happen to him, so whats the point.
      There are signs the wind is blowing in a different direction. Republicans know trump is out anyway so voting against him will have less repercussions.

Comment

Trump must be honoured to finally have his own unique place in American Presidential history, "I've been impeached, it was the perfect impeachment, twice the impeachment Obama ever had"

It'll be fascinating because the only thing on individual Republican Senators necks now is their own ambitions and necks. There will be those thinking they can take up his mantle and gain his followers (wrongly) and those who will recognise his era is truly over and their political career future might rest on taking this opportunity now. It's not just about covering their own backsides but also leaving themselves room to hold a Democratic President to account in future as well, the question being is backing Trump a hill they wish to die on now the losses have already been stacked up? Presumably this is why McConnell is already sharpening the knives and pushing the trial back till after Biden is in office.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          There are signs the wind is blowing in a different direction. Republicans know trump is out anyway so voting against him will have less repercussions.
          He won't see jail, he won’t see any sort of serious prosecution, everyone is toothless.

Comment

He won't see jail, he won’t see any sort of serious prosecution, everyone is toothless.
            the least we can hope for is they do enough to make it so he cant run again and try and distance themselves from the madness of the last 4 years

Comment

There are already six lawsuits waiting to happen when he leaves office - the only reason these lawsuits aren't already happening is because whilst he's President, he can't be litigated against (and at least part of the reason he's so desperate to cling onto office).

That's just the ones we currently know about - his actions have also opened him up to private lawsuits that'll hit him in the wallet.

The glass is only half-full though, right?
              Last edited by MartyG; 14-01-2021, 11:17.

Comment

At this point, I feel more invested in consequences for those who supported him over the last four years. Trump was a symptom and we were told a lot about checks and balances but, when it came down to it, the Republicans showed a complete lack of morals and most are continuing right up to yesterday. It's not just about preventing another Trump now. It's shining a light on why it was so easy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  At this point, I feel more invested in consequences for those who supported him over the last four years. Trump was a symptom and we were told a lot about checks and balances but, when it came down to it, the Republicans showed a complete lack of morals and most are continuing right up to yesterday. It's not just about preventing another Trump now. It's shining a light on why it was so easy for him.
                  Bang on. I would love it if when people start screaming "this is a witch-hunt" in 6 months time that the dems are just able to reply "Yes, yes it is. Under the water you go."

Comment

Some Republicans still aren't tired of of endless childish time wasting antics it seems, I'd get eye ache from rolling them so hard.

Comment

Like when you see kids bullying someone on a bus.
                      Yeah, one kid is doing the punching, but the rest are cheering them on and filming it.
                      They're enablers and don't deserve to be let off scott-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Not sure about both sidesing this one, to be honest. It's not a great position to take that the idea that black lives matter and they shouldn't be constantly murdered by cops is an extreme view comparable with the desire to overthrow the results of a democratic election largely stoked by white supremacists. It's a tricky thing to equate the two. Edit: why not, I'll go a step further. People both sidesing issues generally is mostly disingenuous, is an attempt to take focus away from the real problems and is certainly a factor in how we got where we are.
                        Been off here a couple of days, and a lot has happened since and things have verily moved on a lot, including the second impeachment but I wanted to come back to this.

My comment had nothing to do with the legitimacy of the reasons behind the BLM protests. I completely agree with why. It was about the media portrayal and seemingly less condoning of a lot of the violence, death, looting and building torching that has happened during them by a dumb minority of protesters. There have been 20+ deaths here and 1 during the Capitol protests, but I've seen more focus on the poor police officer who died during that than any of the people from the former. That's all my comments was about, a seeming lack of outrage at the bad things happening during the protests.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          That was hilarious, such an amazing twist!

“On behalf of the American people, we have to make sure that our leaders are held accountable. We cannot have a President of the United States that is willing to abuse the power of the office of the presidency and be easily bought off by foreign governments, Chinese energy companies, Ukrainian energy companies.

So I will filing articles of impeachment on Joe Biden."

Comment

He won't see jail time until he leaves office, but the impeachment means he can't self pardon. Also, if (big if) he is found guilty by the senate he will be stripped of his ex-presidential rights, like attending the senate or basically being listened to.
                            Also deutsche bank want their money back and he's facing a number of law suits including one that's the equivalent of running a criminal cartel.
                            He's going to be buried in litigation until his dying breath.

Comment

Some Republicans still aren't tired of of endless childish time wasting antics it seems, I'd get eye ache from rolling them so hard.
                              On record for abusing power is she talking about Trump here? She is the lunatic that believes in Qanon i feel sorry for her shes one bad decision away from being put in a facility somewhere, it really dose show how broken America is that she got anywhere with her views and beliefs.

Comment

Honestly can’t believe what i just saw and heard.

Edit. Na. It must be an snl sketch.

Double edit. Come on guys jokes over.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-01-2021, 14:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X