No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy, may I recommend you make a thread all for yourself? Call it 'Jazzy let's it all hang out' and just use it to brain dump.

Comment

You know what? I might. Sorry, geezers, it may not seem it at times but I DO love you all. I'm the same with my real-life friends, y'knaaar? It's not just you lot.

But the word is important. 'Friends'. As friends, we can shoot the breeze, be nutty. Jesus, last time I went to one of my bezzy mates' house, he was trying to goad me into a fight, I had to terrorise the bast to get him back in line.

But he felt well bad the next day and I said "it dunt matter mate" and gave him Gran Turismo 5 and Yakuza 4 on PS3 cos he's goin stir crazy in his twelfth floor flat.

And X-Com, too. He likes strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        This thread was updated by JazzFunk... What time? Ah right...
        Often corresponds to the hours I wake up as the father to a two year old heh...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

In a desperate bid to get back on-topic

US lawmakers call for 9/11-style commission to investigate Capitol riot
          Democrats and Republicans both voice support for panel to ‘make sure it never happens again’

Comment

No one wants this to happen again yet no one wants to convict those responsible.

Comment

Vote Democrat, seems the only safeguard left against it happening again now.

Comment

Load up your VPN's, an interesting discussion on why we're stuffed when the next Pandemic arrives

Comment

Yeah all good points. I saw something similar recorded about 5 years ago. We learnt nothing from the previous outbreaks. The real virus is of course humans.

Comment

The US Covid death toll passes 500,000

Comment

The investigation into Trumps tax record fraud has now cleared the remaining hurdle to gain access to 8 years of his records.

Comment

"In the Senate on Tuesday, Rob Portman of Ohio, the top Republican on the homeland security committee, noted that two officers have killed themselves since."

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates
                          The investigation into Trumps tax record fraud has now cleared the remaining hurdle to gain access to 8 years of his records.
                          Need to jail him Al Capone style

Comment

Can I just say; I'm loving how there's so little to talk about concerning US politics.

Comment

Yep, it's slowed down dramatically and whilst I expect that there will continue to be huge updates and events over the course of Biden's first term I fully expect the vast majority of them will still be related to or directly about Trump and the collapse of his legacy

Comment

It's a relief not to have to go, "What stupid thing did Trump do or say today" as a UK citizen, I can only imagine how much better you're feeling if you were being even more directly impacted by living (or trying to live) there - and him not being able to spread that nonsense to a wider audience on Twitter is like a bliss injection.

The thing with Trump's tax records case is we're still not like to see the documents publically (well, other than what's already been revealed) as they're sealed docs for the grand jury trial.

However, the delicious thing about this case is that Trump is in it at both ends, and at least one of the things his company dealings are suspected of is likely to be true. Either he would have been lying to the banks about his wealth and ability to pay back his liabilities being higher than it really is (in which case it's bank and insurance fraud), or he'd have been lying about his wealth to the IRS claiming his finances were far smaller than it really was, in which case it's tax fraud.

Maybe they'll find nothing in the documents and everything is properly above board, but given how many years Trump has been grifting people, I'd be surprised if there weren't several clossets full of skeletons hidden in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X