No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading earlier that Biden is bringing back the weekly radio address but as a podcast.

Compared to Trump's constant Twitter spits it's just another world. I'm almost tempted to make a cup of tea, rug up and sit next to the speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2A930F
      The majority of the Senate has voted that it is constitutional to impeach an ex-President and so the trial will continue
      It'd be interesting to know if the vote was split among party lines or some Republicans really want to say no to more Trump-like things.

Comment

I believe it was all 50 dems and 6 republicans.

Comment

The whole pitch of the impeachment trial seems to be that given it's a foregone conclusion he will be cleared they will wrap it up as quickly as possible but in the process make the acquittal as damning and publicly embarrassing for the Republicans as is possible. Essentially they can clear him but have absolutely no room to spin their actions away from what they blatantly are.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...84537a5d55f675
            The Screen Actors Guild threatened to expel Trump

So he quit. His letter also quickly reminds of the glory of him being barred from social media

A voting technology company swept up in baseless conspiracy theories about the 2020 election filed a monster $2.7 billion lawsuit on Thursday against Fox News, some of the network’s star hosts, and pro-Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, alleging the parties worked in concert to wage a “disinformation campaign” that has jeopardized its very survival.

And voting company Smartmatic is suing Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Fox News for $2.7bn for disinformation
            He signed in felt-tip not crayon? Interesting move...

Comment

Chief financial officer says ‘when you’re removed, you’re removed … our policies don’t allow people to come back’

Twitter has confirmed that Trump's ban on the site is permanent even if he were to run for office again in future

Letter orders state government to preserve documents, including those related to Trump’s ‘find more votes’ call to secretary of state

Yet another criminal investigation has been launched against Trump, this time from Georgia prosecutors over his phone call attempt to coerce election rigging

Comment

This is somehow even more painful to watch than the first impeachment because the guilt is just so immovably plain and obvious. The prosecutors are delivering their argument ala:

Whilst the Republicans look so whipped, sad and desperate with straws bending as they grasp looking:

Comment

It's staggering that they are trying to walk away from this with any dignity. They were and still are almost 100% behind Trump all the way. Don't they realise or care how bad they look?

Comment

I am dumfounded how this happened IN AMERICA and only 5 people died.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      It's staggering that they are trying to walk away from this with any dignity. They were and still are almost 100% behind Trump all the way. Don't they realise or care how bad they look?
                      But admitting they were wrong would lose them votes. They don't really care as long as they can keep their asses safe and well paid by (gun) lobbies.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        I am dumfounded how this happened IN AMERICA and only 5 people died.
                        Yeah, I don't get it either.

Comment

Next week on trumple, trumple makes himself a medal for “saving” America from his own Coup.

Comment

Met a Trump supporting, Bill Gates microchipping, Biden is the worst man alive and worst than Hitler conspiracy theorist in the wild today.

Was warned by a colleague she was an ex of a friend of his and just prepare myself. "I watched 24hr footage of what happened at the capitol and it proved that Trump 100% did no wrong!!!" That was the first thing she said when her partner sat in the chair after we saw her. I wish I recorded it as I am fascinated and actually interested in her incite as she was spouting so many names of who were paid to 'frame' him and carry out that event and some were pre-recorded. I'm not one of these people who believe Trump is fully responsible for what happened but this woman was talking like he was an innocent child and only she could defend him.

Just...wow it was a bit of an onslaught on the senses.

Comment

I feel bad for people who have that twisted mindset. It must be really stressful, to feel that we're constantly under attack from a shadowy all-powerful cabal, and everyone is in on it. Like constantly being in a real life Alan J Pakula paranoiac film, even when you're just getting a check up at the dentist.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X