No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm bullish on Hirstcoins. To the moon. Let's gooooooo.

(This is what crypto twitter actually sounds like)

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      You don't have to buy a whole bitcoin dude. I bought a fraction when it was at an all time high, saw it go down to £3k a coin, then up to £40k a coin and now down to around £30k. Still holding. I would definitely say I have a high risk tolerance but I also put a relatively small amount in and it's a way more interesting than investing in Tesco and hoping to turn £1000 into £1500 in 10 years.

I don't mean doubling is crap but if you had 100 bitcoin and sold them for £200 back in the day you'd be pretty pissed off now!!
      That's totally fair enough and obviously you do you.

I just wanted to reply to your initial post because I think the 'HODL at all costs'/diamond hands mentality doesn't make sense IMO.

Comment

It is definitely a hive mind ethos. Without it, the coin would be a lot more stable!

The to the moon stuff is hope, that's all. Hope that maybe, just maybe, you wont have to work until you are 70!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          I just wanted to reply to your initial post because I think the 'HODL at all costs'/diamond hands mentality doesn't make sense IMO.
          Yep. A lot of it is about creating narratives to protect investments. So for example, the HODL narrative is to try to prevent people just cashing out because that then lowers the value and could spark a crash. The 'buy the dip' narrative has some merit but what that narrative achieves is to try to minimise a crash. If it drops and people buy, that prevents it from dropping lower and might cause it to go higher again. Some of the stuff people say is simply to try to make sure that the entire space doesn't just collapse.

Comment

Anyone keeping up with all this UFO stuff in America?
            The US had admitted that UFOs are encountered on a daily basis. That they aren't theirs, and in doing so they admit that don't have air superiority over their own airspace. They have no idea what they are.

I think as a species we need to all be having some very open discussions about what they are.

A new report concedes that much about the observed phenomena remains difficult to explain, including their acceleration, as well as ability to change direction and submerge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              The US had admitted that UFOs are encountered on a daily basis. That they aren't theirs, and in doing so they admit that don't have air superiority over their own airspace. They have no idea what they are.

I think as a species we need to all be having some very open discussions about what they are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/u...-pentagon.html
              But but religion, they can’t be real! Cause gods and stuff.

Comment

Open discussions now happen on twitter and are a dumpster fire. I'm going to leave this one to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Open discussions now happen on twitter and are a dumpster fire. I'm going to leave this one to the experts.
                  Oh I mean the experts, not internet fiends.
                  If they genuinely don't know what they are, then we need to track, photograph and scientifically study them.

Comment

I've always felt given the size of the universe it would be rash to assume there's no other life out there. Something that big and other planets are habitable, why wouldn't there be life elsewhere? It's like if you were looking for games in an enormous almost infinite Cex, eventually somebody might find a PS2 game that has a nice manual and the case doesn't look like it's been stamped on 20 times.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/u...-pentagon.html
                      Something to enjoy after E3 is done.

We all know that life exists out there, it's just VERY unlikely to come here.

My money has always been on time travellers, or at least a past "echo" of a future object.

Comment

Those videos have been knocking around for years, starting with David Fravor's sighting in 2004.

As always, I want to believe, but I think the 'Tic Tac' UFOs those videos show are almost certainly terrestrial, and probably some kind of secret drone built by the US. Spreading F.U.D. about UFOs is a really great way of keeping these things secret and not having to explain what they are - Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington is a good book which delves into how the US Government have operated a small but consistently active organisation dedicated to doing this for decades.

I think the nearest we have come to ET contact might be Oumuamua, which I actually find really credible as something potentially alien - albeit from my totally layman, unschooled perspective.
                        Last edited by wakka; 04-06-2021, 13:18.

Comment

I suspect so too, but the question for me would be this: any alien species with the technology to travel here would obviously be immeasurably more advanced and well-resourced than us, so why would they even bother? There's nothing here. Unless the spectacle of humanity rampant provided some grim amusement and entertainment value for them, which I could almost understand (somewhat like the genteel society ladies of 18th century London who would visit Bethlehem Lunatic Asylum for entertainment). For this reason I think the best/most thought-provoking alien visitation novels are the Strugatsky brothers' Roadside Picnic and Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama, in which the aliens literally can't be arsed with Earth at all. In Roadside Picnic they just dump their trash and drive on.
                          Last edited by Golgo; 04-06-2021, 13:25.

Comment

Yeah, it's an Occam's Razor thing in the end. Why would these Tic Tac UFO pilots have travelled billions of light years to get here, then spend the best part of 20 years knocking exclusively around domestic US Air Force bases? It's a little bit like Area 51. The area is known for UFO sightings. Well, isn't it logical that you might see unfamiliar, strange or even alien looking craft in the sky around a base for which the primary purpose is the development of new, secret aircraft?

Several countries including France and the UK have declassified their records on UFOs, and mostly what you see in them is the people collating and investigating the evidence are as baffled and intrigued as the rest of us. There are definitely sightings that have genuinely defied explanation, and probably for a variety of reasons (all of them quite possibly terrestrial). But I do think there are people who know exactly what those Tic Tacs are, and I think they were built right here on Earth. That's my feeling, anyway.

Comment

Its easy. Its drones. Russian and Chinese drones

Comment

I've always believed it's drones or advanced military aircraft, and this is all a smokescreen.

I mean consider this - we've now had more time pass between the Nighthawk and the present day than passed between the Spitfire and the Nighthawk. That plane looks "futuristic" but it's ~40 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X