No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the week following Trump and his associates being banned from social media misinformation traffic about election fraud fell by 73%

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...ign=SocialFlow
      Trump gets into the history books yet again as last night the thirteenth inmate was executed under his watch, Trump Presidency has now overseen more inmate executions during his term than any other in the last 120 years
      Was reading about this the other day. The woman that was executed strangled a woman she knew to death then cut the unborn baby out her belly to claim as her own in a drug fuelled rage. Im the last person to defend trump on the planet, but i’m ok with someone like that not existing anymore. No idea about any of the other executions.

Comment

I think the main curiosity, given his motives are usually self-promoting, is why he's suddenly in such a desperate need in his last days of office to kill as many people as he can. On the flip side - 3 days left!

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...trump-twitter/
          In the week following Trump and his associates being banned from social media misinformation traffic about election fraud fell by 73%
          That is both incredible and frightening ...

Comment

We can dance around it, but Trump is having people executed because he's a sore loser and it makes him feel big.

Comment

The former Principal Director of National Intelligence has submitted a recommendation to Biden's Administration that Donal Trump should be barred from receiving any sensitive information during life after office.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Was reading about this the other day. The woman that was executed strangled a woman she knew to death then cut the unborn baby out her belly to claim as her own in a drug fuelled rage. Im the last person to defend trump on the planet, but i’m ok with someone like that not existing anymore. No idea about any of the other executions.
                The argument was that she was so mentally unstable that she didn't even have the cognitive understanding to realise that she was facing the death penalty. she definitely should of been locked up but do you execute people who are mentally ill.

Comment

Do you show that killing people is wrong by killing people? If so, doesn't justice simply become revenge?

Comment

I know what you mean, but **** that woman.

She wasn't too crazy to study how to perform a c-section. This is premeditated evil, simple as that.

Comment

President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday, according to three people familiar with the matter, a major batch of clemency actions that includes white collar criminals, high-profile rappers and others but -- as of now -- is not expected to include Trump himself.

Trump is getting ready for his final day as President and will be spending it issuing over 100 pardons to the scum of the Earth.
                      What a legacy for the history books!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Do you show that killing people is wrong by killing people? If so, doesn't justice simply become revenge?
                        I get what you're saying. I wonder how often the victim's family and friend's see the execution of the murderer as justice. I imagine I probably would, and anything less than that would not be justice, but I don't really know.

Comment

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/17/p...mpression=true
                          Trump is getting ready for his final day as President and will be spending it issuing over 100 pardons to the scum of the Earth.
                          What a legacy for the history books!
                          Issuing a pardon to Assange as a final FU to America would be pretty amazing.

EDIT: Remember the early days of the internet when the fact that I just posted twice would be met with a mad scramble to type DOUBLE POST! and basically call for my immediate ban? Ah, those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            I get what you're saying. I wonder how often the victim's family and friend's see the execution of the murderer as justice. I imagine I probably would, and anything less than that would not be justice, but I don't really know.
                            We're probably veering off topic here but the thing that has always bothered me with executions is that it sends a clear message - it's perfectly acceptable to kill someone if you have the right reason. And if that's all it takes, just finding that one justification, I think there are people out there who would find killing far, far too easy. I think it contributes to brutalisation of a society, which can't be the intended effect.

Comment

The problem with the death penalty is that if it later turns out there's been a miscarriage of justice and somebody has been wrongfully imprisoned, you can't tell that to the ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                I'd suspect that in some cases it would not be enough for some victim's families - killer killed the father and the son, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth ...

Ultimately with the death penalty, you are saying that some lives are worth less than others and it's okay to end them.

Comment

Working...
                                X