X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mp-tax-returns
    Trumps tax returns will be released in the coming days
    If they have been pushing this hard to release them, they must be pretty damming. I hope it's a **** storm of tax dodging and money flowing into Russia.

Comment

If there's money flowing into "hostile" countries, there will.be shell companies and escrow accounts to hide that. His accountants cannot be that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Have you tried Mastodon??
        It's ****ing awful
        The whole sign up to some weird server that is highly unlikely to be the same one anyone you actually know is on & then trying to locate said people is such an utter shower it's a joke

I'm on HIVE which seems to be very similar to Twitter but that has only just started coming good now the App is working so I'll probably migrate to there a bit more as it gets better over time but honestly I'll miss Twitter something fierce, it's the only social media I use & as bad as it can be I quite happily skip all the doom and gloom & just read **** that I actually enjoy & I'll miss so many people that I've interacted with that it will have a massive impact on me

Neil
        Fully agreed about Mastodon; it’s probably OK for people who remember Usenet and like to tinker with open source software and so on, but has so so many deficiencies and at its core doesn’t seem designed for mass appeal/usage.

Hive Social seems to be (on the surface at least) what we need and are looking for, an as-is Twitter replacement, if they can get it working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
          Hive Social seems to be (on the surface at least) what we need and are looking for, an as-is Twitter replacement, if they can get it working properly.
          It has so many problems though. There have been all sorts of security issues, and it really needs a desktop client. I want to see it succeed though.

Comment

Agreed about needing a better Twitter.

I've managed to wean myself off it fairly well.
            I'm mainly using it for photo storage as it's linked to the PS4 and it's the only way you can share screenshots.
            When I go back on, it's easy to get sucked back in, but trying to remember to run away!

I'm on Mastodon and it's not the same, but it's also not run by Elon Musk, which is a massive boon.

However, back to the US, how exciting to hear about Trump's taxes?
            He was really protective about the contents, but I reckon, rather than mind-blowing revelations about tax fraud or paying the Russians, he's spent millions on fake tan, hair plugs and shlong growth tablets and his fragile ego didn't want people to know.

Comment

I reckon Trumps tax returns will show how little, relatively speaking, money he has. Billionaires don’t need to sell sh*tty NFTs.

Comment

There's already evidence he was bigglying up his worth prior to his run for president for starters. I think releasing them to the public will work in the sense that anything the Committee misses or can't analyse in time before they lose the House will be found by the general hoi polloi scrutunising them...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                  Whilst I think that NFL players are generally more sensible and also more sensitive to social issues than our footy players here there are of course exceptions.

Superstar QB Aaron Rogers tests positive, apparently he isn't vaxed - dickhead;
                  Aaron Rodgers has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not play against the Chiefs in Week 9, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday.

Henry Ruggs (III) kills a lady and her dog by rear ending her at 127mph (at least he did slow down from the 156mph he was travelling at - even bigger dickhead
                  He's certainly not getting out soon (for any Americans reading that should of course read 'anytime soon');
                  https://www.nfl.com/news/prosecutor-...before-fatal-c
                  Henry Ruggs gets minimum three years.
                  Former Las Vegas Raiders player Henry Ruggs was sentenced Wednesday to at least three years in a Nevada prison for killing a woman in a fiery crash while driving his sports car drunk at speeds up to 156 mph on a city street nearly two years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X