No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, I'm gunna work through these logically.

Aliens -
    do I believe its aliens? No. Space is just too big. They could have some kind of faster than light travel or event horizon style thing, but it's a big ask to break the laws of physics.

Multidimensional beings -
    We know exoplanets exist, but extra dimensions we have no evidence of. I'm ruling it out.

Tourists from the future -
    Again, a big ask for time travel to be invented. Not sure.

A natural and unexplained phenomenon -
    Without seeing all the evidence, it's hard to say. Based on what we know, these objects come in different shapes and sizes, unlike something like Ball-Lighting or plasma discharge. I'd have to see, and I mean really see, what these things are.

All completely benign and explainable things like balloons -
    Just too many sightings for them ALL to be just floating things. Plus we know they act with some kind of propulsion and travel at high speed.

Advanced technology from another country which they somehow invented not long after the Wright brothers -
    No chance. We've seen them for decades and a county with this kind of tech would flaunt it.

Gun to my head, what do think it is out of these? Jeez, maybe time travellers?! I mean it's the only one might make a tiny hint of sense?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      Neon will be telling us that ABCs don’t exist in Britain next
      I've spent time near Salford and found no evidence anyone knows their ABCs it's true

Comment

I realise we’re going off on a little bit of a tangent but I’m going to rule out time travellers from my own list because, if time travel is ever invented, people would have to be clever enough and have it locked down enough that not a single person ever in all of the entirety of the future of humanity is dumb enough to come back to our time or before it and get caught. People are dumb. People will be dumb in the future too. So I don’t buy it.

My guess is a mix. I reckon many sightings are entirely different things. Some just benign naturally occurring tricks of the light. Some weather phenomena. Others things like balloons. Others being advanced test craft or rockets or drones, And some the results of too much drink or drugs.

Comment

To be fair, if it were Time Travellers they were coming back often during the Trump era so it's understandable they'd be trying to change the past.

The thing is that it's perception of the figures mixed with too much faith in the state of US military technology likely due to how much everyone has been spoonfed the notion of them being almighty through films and TV. Pilots will regularly see things they can't make out and the number of sightings will far outstrip the number in the report. It's not that up to 140 UFO's have been seen, it's that XXXXX UFO's have been seen and they've managed to get the figure down to just 140ish without a single explained sighting turning out to be visitors from Button Moon. We can build telescopes capable of peering into the void of space to distant planets but all these brief clips and pictures are of ****y quality just like is always the case when someone can't confirm the image just like when we get reports of ghosts or creatures or what not. It's not a key moment when the report says 'In a limited number of incidents, UAP reportedly appeared to exhibit unusual flight characteristics' - it's a key moment in the next line when it also says 'These observations could be the result of sensor errors, spoofing, or observer misperception and require vigorous analysis'.

The report goes to great lengths to state the primary reason for unidentified sightings being that isn't because of anything cited as an expectation of something otherworldly but simply because various government and aviation bodies with the relevant data to identify them have historically not shared their data with each other and they aim to rectify it moving forward. I get the desire to see aliens proven within our lifetime but anywhere where I hear or read a site etc attempt to take a governments inability to explain one of these instances as potential proof aliens exist is a bit like someone in the middle ages seeing something they can't explain and thinking it's witchcraft. We're simply still a bit **** at identify stuff in bad video/image captures.

If they come, it probably won't be airplane pilots who pick up on it first and it's probably more likely to look something like this:

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-06-2021, 21:42.

Comment

It’s no surprise that it’s jet pilots who spot this stuff. They’re in the sky armed with equipment designed to detect things in the sky. Most of the recording equipment is old tech which is why it looks like vhs footage. I’m not saying aliens are real, just that there’s a very good explanation as to why fighter pilots get the footage and that footage doesn’t look like something out of a modern Hollywood movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              It’s no surprise that it’s jet pilots who spot this stuff. They’re in the sky armed with equipment designed to detect things in the sky. Most of the recording equipment is old tech which is why it looks like vhs footage. I’m not saying aliens are real, just that there’s a very good explanation as to why fighter pilots get the footage and that footage doesn’t look like something out of a modern Hollywood movie.
              Most jets will be fitted with a camera designed for tracking and recording for evidence. They won't have 100mp cameras. Plus the jets they are in will mostly be older training jets. They won't be in F21 raptors every time.
              As for general public footage, UFOs tend to be high up. Zooming on a phone make things look crap, plus you can't hold the phone perfectly stable when zoomed that much. I would like to see someone use a 50x optical zoom on one though.

Comment

Trump's lawyers have been given 24 hours by the New York Prosecutors to state why Trump shouldn't face legal action.

Comment

On the multi-dimensional being thing, I remember reading a while back what it would be like to witness a 4D being bass through our 3D universe.

Imagine you are a 1 dimensional being, a dot on a line. If a 2D being like a round piece of paper passed through the line, the 1D beings would witness a dot arrive on their line. It would increase in size to a length along the line, and then once it had passed the middle, it would get smaller again till it disappeared. From the observation point, it might look like a dot that shot towards the observer and then fired away again.

Imagine you are a 2 dimensional being, a shape on a piece of paper. If a 3D being like a football passed through the sheet, the 2D beings would witness a dot, increasing in size to a round circle, before decreasing in size to a dot and disappearing. To the observer, it would look like a line that grew in size rapidly, or what shooting towards and away again.

Imagine you are a 3 dimensional being, like us. If a 4D being (equivalent to a football shape but in 4D) passed through our universe, we would witness a dot, increasing in size to a ball, and then decreasing in size again as it went out of the other side again to a dot and then disappearing. If only observed from one point, it would look like it was either growing, or moving towards us fast.

This could account for UFOs (seems as good as any other theory )
                  Last edited by charlesr; 28-06-2021, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-action-report
                    Trump's lawyers have been given 24 hours by the New York Prosecutors to state why Trump shouldn't face legal action.
                    Nope, I can't think of one.

Comment

Marty revealed to be Trump’s lawyer.

Comment

Bill Cosby served more than two years of a three- to 10-year sentence at a state prison near Philadelphia. He had vowed to serve all 10 years rather than acknowledge any remorse over the 2004 encounter with his accuser.

Bill Cosby is leaving prison after his sentence has been overturned

Comment

IIRC Cosby openly admitted to drugging women so he could have sex with them, which is why he was convicted in the first place. So the only reason he's now getting away with it, is because the prosecuters didn't keep to a pinky swear?

It was a while ago mind, so I'd have to go revisit the original reports again to be sure.

Comment

He actually survived prison? Must of been one of those old rich person prisons thats basically a holiday camp.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              He actually survived prison? Must of been one of those old rich person prisons thats basically a holiday camp.
                              He was sent here - it's a maximum security state prison:

Last edited by MartyG; 30-06-2021, 19:42.

Comment

Even more incredible he survived that place, those are definitely not holiday camps.

Comment

Working...
                                X