No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, that does sort of resemble a Pontin’s.

Comment

Apparantly he's now legally blind so going home isn't going to be sunshine and roses...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

130 countries agree a minimum of 15% corporate tax. I suspect as usual the plans only as good as the nations that don't agree.

Comment

I knew Ireland wouldn’t be in there as soon as I saw the headline. If a large corporation asked us to murder babies, the government here would want to do it. Look deep into the anus of any huge global tech company that has too much power and you’ll find Ireland right in there.

Comment

Other nations should increase taxes when dealing with countries like Ireland so that the country ends up paying the corporation on behalf of the companies, that'd soon see them snap out of their mindsets.

Comment

It's one area that really dismisses the notion that the EU has any significant control because they've been trying to get us to make companies pay proper taxes for decades and yet here we are.

Comment

Instead of trying to bleed corps left and right all govs worldwide should just make corp tax a straight 10%. Its low enough that no one will mind paying it, large company or small, but high enough to still bring in sufficient taxes for countries.

Done. Anything else i can deal with?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  just make corp tax a straight 10%. Its low enough that no one will mind paying it, large company or small.
                  Yeah...can't see it. Corporations want all the money. They don't want to pay a penny and employ teams of expensive lawyers to make exactly that happen. Indeed, some are so good at the game (Activision and Take Two) that they are actually paid tax-money in development grants in order to operate.

Comment

I love that you think corporations will be happy with 10%. The number is 0. That's what they are happy paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      It's one area that really dismisses the notion that the EU has any significant control because they've been trying to get us to make companies pay proper taxes for decades and yet here we are.
                      And yet the UK had to leave in order to "take back control" apparently, Still angry about it.

Comment

I love that you think corporations will be happy with 10%. The number is 0. That's what they are happy paying.
                        Yep. If you think of all the ways you can try to make your company more profitable, paying less tax is right at the top of that list. Once you find a loophole there's basically zero work to do, no impact on your customers, yours employees or your products. Just more money.

Comment

Instead of trying to bleed corps left and right all govs worldwide should just make corp tax a straight 10%. Its low enough that no one will mind paying it, large company or small, but high enough to still bring in sufficient taxes for countries.

Yes please, do the same with income tax.

Comment

Oh and put VAT back to 15%.

Comment

Im a corporation and would be much happier paying 10% rather than current rate i can assure you.

Comment

I don't know how big your corporation is but I'm sure you know that there are huge corporations paying zero tax (or sometimes actually being given money through incentives) who make an absolute fortune. Ireland still hasn't made Apple pay the €13 billion in tax it owes. Apple isn't hurting for money. Not all corporations are equal and not all of them are paying taxes. If anything, the fact that you're being forced to pay whatever it is you're paying when these huge companies are paying nothing should have you wanting them to pay their taxes all the more.

Comment

Working...
                                X