No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Kingdom? Someone's going to get a hundred lashes for that, everyone knows we changed it to West Amazonia last year (Year Zero).

Comment

Interestingly Soylent Green is set in the year 2022...

Comment

Another example showcasing how no matter where you are in the world Religion needs to be extracted from any and all governing influence in the school system

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...rtan-dhp-feeds
          Another example showcasing how no matter where you are in the world Religion needs to be extracted from any and all governing influence in the school system
          Yep.

I think there are two things at play. For some, like me, there's a lack of understanding. I can't conceive of feeling like you are the wrong sex, so I just accept it. Some people won't accept it because they won't accept things that they can't feel themselves. These are the people who also don't understand depression and think people should just pull themselves together. Then you have religion, and for these people it's a huge problem because to them the gospel is gospel and anything not covered in it must be wrong/evil whatever and their gospel says god created man and woman, so that's it. Done. If you say you're anything other than that you are either lying or the work of Satan. Good to have another one of these out of the school system I guess.

Comment

I loved the photo caption. Clearly the copy writer was having a laugh at the silly, bigoted cow's expense:

"A woman identifying as teacher Laura Morris quit in front of the school board".

Comment

She has a point. There are many women against trans "rights" and for good reason...they dont want penises in their changing rooms or other areas designated to women. It is even happening here. The ideal scenario would be private changing rooms and toilets for everyone but that isn't happening in most places.

I've personally seen several cases of transgender amongst teens. They are really confused individuals, usually lonely and on the spectrum, desperate to find an identity. It just wasn't a thing until very recently. Unfortunately expressing any of these views on twitter results in you being call all sorts of things and being transphobic. See JK Rowling. You can be sympathetic towards people and concerned at the outcomes at the same time. The path of least resistance is to say whatever you choose to be, thats what you can be. For a lot of women, this is a huge issue.

Comment

My partner had this issue with someone from one of her past jobs.

-Pre opp wanting to maybe be woman but has penis.
                -Changed names on a weekly basis.
                -Would use either toilet on a daily basis based on mood.
                -Very unhinged.
                -Would cry on purpose when questioned about anything whatsoever.
                -Rubbish employee that would threaten to sue based on sexual discrimination at the drop of a hat.

Just an absolute nightmare of a person every second anyone was around them.

On the other side i spend a good 10 years indoor climbing at a place that had someone go from man to woman, not a peep from them about it, “i just feel more comfortable as a woman” full op to woman and no drama at all, I believe she still works there now and was always well regarded and liked.

As usual comes down to the person.

Comment

Yeah that's an old school trans person. One that goes all the way and is a legitimate case.

Comment

Good grief.

Comment

On the flip side, we’ll get to see titties in the men’s changing rooms!

Comment

It's a complicated issue on a practical level as it's something that affects something that people consider to be their personal space during a very private moment so it's easy for people to feel threatened, particularly for women who already feel at greater risk of all sorts more so than men and aware of it on a common basis.

Our workplace mooted the idea a while back of making the toilets Unisex a while back to solve this issue but it was shot down because there was widespread opposition to it. It didn't really end up tapping into the concerns of having transgender people using the facilities. Broadly the female staff hated the idea of being in a cubicle and having a guy enter the bathroom just as much as they hate the idea of walking into a bathroom and seeing men at wall urinals. The solution there is to remove the wall urinals but then you're going to huge expense to reduce capacity as well.

I know the concern of many will come down to a lack of feeling secure in having someone who identifies as a woman but was a man being in the room with them during these moments but the genitalia element is largely here nor there. A woman can assault another woman just as a man can assault another man and they don't need low hanging junk to abuse someone either. Likewise gender doesn't determine interest either, the transgender woman might well have zero interest in women themselves.

It's tough as like cutmymilk says, ideally everyone would have private bathrooms, but in most cases I imagine majority concern rules which is why not much changes in terms of bathrooms, showers etc.

But the other stuff though should be straight forward. Chances are other kids are making life difficult enough at a difficult age to be dealing with those issues as it is, the system doesn't need to be adding that as well.

Comment

This bit interested me:

She said that “within the last year, I was told in one of my so-called equity trainings that white Christian able-bodied females currently have the power in our schools, and that quote, ‘this has to change’”.
                          Because she's a white, Christian, and I suspect able-bodied female.

Like if someone told me in my industry "power rests in white, male, atheist people and this has to change", I wouldn't be horrified by that; rather I'd want to understand what that means, any problems that's causing, and how to address those problems.

But it sounds like she immediately identifies with the group perceived to be in control and isn't happy that's going to change.

Comment

And now she can reflect on her affirmed stance on retaining control from the unemployment line

Comment

Well done America and Blair! Almost 20 years to the day the Taliban are on course to topple the Afghanistan government

Comment

...the genitalia element is largely here nor there. A woman can assault another woman just as a man can assault another man and they don't need low hanging junk to abuse someone either.
                                I would advise listening to women on this point. As men we can never understand how women fear being raped. Genetalia absolutely is the issue here.

Comment

Working...
                                X