America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Rejecting Trump means rejecting his base and therefore their votes, so doing so would be at risk of their own career ambitions - at least in the medium term. Even now, polling shows the majority of Rebuplican voters want Trump as their candidate in 2024 by a huge margin: https://www.wlox.com/2021/01/14/most...te-poll-finds/

Perhaps one change that does need to be made to the impeachment process is one of secret ballots.
    It's a gamble but I suppose what they need to weigh up is that they now know the reality of what a Trump term involves, that they could end up with an even more unhinged 4yrs of Trump especially if they don't hold the Senate or House, that he willfully destroys their careers when in charge and exposes them to criminal cases and trying to work out what percentage of voters will hold on post-Trump as it would mean them disengaging completely from the process of voting or take the option on the table. Also I guess working out how many would change their option if they knew what the alternative to Trump for the Republicans is as currently that option is still a blank slate.

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard for the Republicans to push someone from within, someone who tries to pick up the Trump torch of rhetoric to try and retain the base but vote against Trump impeachment. For doing so they could engineer a situation where others later get rewarded for clearing the path for them by sacrificing Trump and allowing their agenda to continue with someone much more manageable and who is one of their own rather than a pretender using the party like Trump.

Comment

I am not sure what having "experience" criteria for standing would achieve.

The point is that the electorate are supposed to be turned off by the fact someone has never achieved anything and has no experience. The question that those that want competence need to grapple with (in the UK too, clearly) is "why do the electorate want people with histories of lying, incompetence and idiocy?".

In a way, this is something that the world needs to grapple with, you can look across the world to see more and more inexperienced people being popular due in major part to their inexperience.

Comment

It's a shame that it's a particular brand of popularity that appeals to voters too, it's unbelievable that the last four years is a thing yet America is denying itself a Tom Hanks presidency

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          It's a shame that it's a particular brand of popularity that appeals to voters too, it's unbelievable that the last four years is a thing yet America is denying itself a Tom Hanks presidency
          Tom Hanks would never get elected, he's one of the pedo elites who nefariously control the entire world, breeding babies to harvest their blood in order to retain their youthful looks and bodies (hence Hanks still looks like he did when he was 18).

Recent photo to prove he still looks like he's 18

Last edited by MartyG; 15-01-2021, 16:04.

Comment

Wasn't Hanks name linked with visiting Epsteins Island?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Wasn't Hanks name linked with visiting Epsteins Island?
              Of course, that's where they form the circles and burn the black candles

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                I am not sure what having "experience" criteria for standing would achieve.
                I guess a follow up question here is: why can't young people be president?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Because that's what's in the US constitution as ratified in 1789 (and hasn't been changed since), based on the premise the political opinions of the young were too crude and unable to properly influence policy.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 15-01-2021, 16:34.

Comment

Do they give a reason in the constitution?

Comment

House speaker’s comments come after a congresswoman said she saw colleagues leading ‘reconnaissance’ tours before the riot

Nancy Pelosi has said it's possible that members of Congress might be prosecuted if found to have aided the rioters in DC after Congresswoman she saw colleagues leading a reconnaissance of the Capitol the day before the riot. Security of the Capitol is also going to be reviewed.

Comment

One simple thing that would at least slightly filter the recent risks, a job description for the role stating prior relevant political experience is essential for the role. It's utterly moronic that Trump was ever elligible to run without ever having put in any of the graft or having any of the necessary knowledge.
                        I mean, the restriction is you have to be capable of getting >half the country to vote for you (electoral college blah blah blah but you know what I mean).

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Definitely something to be said for this, though. Hard to compare the young of today to the young of the late 1700s, given that our literacy rate is near-total.

Comment

Yep. And also it does imply that there was an intention to apply some sort of minimum standards rather than letting just anyone hold the position.

But yeah, I think there are a huge number of young people who could do a better job.

Comment

Trump gets into the history books yet again as last night the thirteenth inmate was executed under his watch, Trump Presidency has now overseen more inmate executions during his term than any other in the last 120 years

Comment

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...ign=SocialFlow
                              Trump gets into the history books yet again as last night the thirteenth inmate was executed under his watch, Trump Presidency has now overseen more inmate executions during his term than any other in the last 120 years
                              Bet his supporters cream their ****ing jeans over that one though. They would probably throw the switch.

Comment

They're too busy asking him for a pardon of their own... it's been a long hard road for them to find out the hard way now their real value to him

Comment

Working...
                                X