No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless cartridge loaded wouldn't firing a round to test be pointless anyway? It would prove the fired round was blank but not the one when you next pull the trigger

Comment

Not if you're Derren Brown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBjyCCxOEUQ

Comment

Hans Moretti could catch a real bullet in his teeth fired from across a TV studio. I've seen him do it. I think this is an important skill and I can't see why it isn't taught on all TV and film sets to be honest.
        Last edited by Golgo; 28-10-2021, 22:00.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Can you? You can see the entire distance a bullet can travel and know you'll not hit anything? No you absolutely cannot do that.
            Yes, you absolutely can.

Comment

No you cannot fire weapons at random and safely know you're not going to kill something - anyone who thinks they can shouldn't be anywhere near a weapon. Doing so is grossly negligent.
              Last edited by MartyG; 29-10-2021, 07:45.

Comment

The two biggest rules for gun owners...
                1: always assume the gun is loaded and ready to fire
                2: don't pull the trigger unless you intend to shoot something

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  The two biggest rules for gun owners...
                  1: always assume the gun is loaded and ready to fire
                  2: don't pull the trigger unless you intend to shoot something
                  Yeah, especially 1. It's the first rule of gun safety; you ALWAYS treat a gun as loaded even if you know it isn't.

I assume this is going to result in some improvements to Hollywood safety standards though. Admittedly, I think in a century of making movies (where guns are reasonably common props) this has only happened twice - Brandon Lee and this Rust thing - but obviously even that is too many, so there needs to be some serious introspection here.

Comment

Actually, I think although people dying at the hands of a gun during movies is uncommon, I did read somewhere that people being shot on set has happened quite a few times.

Comment

To be fair they did intend to shoot... a scene *badum-tish*
                      I suppose it's bad but when you look at the statistics for non-film set gun deaths in the US then it's very easy for Hollywood to perch itself on the moral highground and not spend much time worrying about safety most of the time.

Comment

Whoever was in charge of the firearms could end up in jail. There must be guidelines saying no live rounds should enter the set. Also, standing behind a camera when shooting a scene like this seems a bit wrong, and no doubt it will never happen again. Hard lesson to learn unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          Also, standing behind a camera when shooting a scene like this seems a bit wrong, and no doubt it will never happen again.
                          it's not like cameramen can do their job by sitting in the employee lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            it's not like cameramen can do their job by sitting in the employee lounge.
                            The DP isn't the cameraman. Her job was to frame a scene. The director was behind her too. I've always seen them watching monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              The DP isn't the cameraman. Her job was to frame a scene. The director was behind her too. I've always seen them watching monitors.
                              During a test scene the DP has to be behind a camera to check framing, lighting, exposure, aperture, and camera movement. The director was probably with him because he wanted to check things.

Comment

That's likely what happened yeah. crazy bad luck on their part and an absolute disgrace on part of the prop department

Comment

Working...
                                X