X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#

"Why they don't want me man?"

Comment

Kevin Spacey asks judge to dismiss Anthony Rapp sex abuse suit (msn.com)
      After five years of background movement Spacey calls time on his court case battle asking the judge to dismiss the case against him from Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp on the grounds of no evidence and false accusation

Comment

Musk has already threatened to sell his stock if the offer isn't accepted. I assume, like all moral things, this isn't an option but it feels like something that the US Government should be able to weigh in on as it's pretty blatant market manipulation

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Musk has already threatened to sell his stock if the offer isn't accepted. I assume, like all moral things, this isn't an option but it feels like something that the US Government should be able to weigh in on as it's pretty blatant market manipulation
          Not sure what to make of this.

Comment

Musk is one of the last people who should be in control of Twitter. Okay fair enough there are people worse, like Rogan or Trump or whoever but Elon Musk is not fit to have influence over a social media platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Musk is one of the last people who should be in control of Twitter. Okay fair enough there are people worse, like Rogan or Trump or whoever but Elon Musk is not fit to have influence over a social media platform.
              I'd say you could mitigate the problem by having close government oversight of the big platforms but then I look at our government and yeah, that might not work.

Comment

In effect, he bought his shares at around $39, his involvement has in days inflated them to $51 so the idea being knocked around is that he has offered an amount he knows Twitter will have to reject because the other shareholders don't gain enough. They reject, he sells and cashes in multi-millions in profit. Basically, he engineered false value in twitter shares and created this bubble planning this all along. Pump and dump the shares. If he does Twitter should permanently ban his account because he uses it for this kind of practice all the time.

Comment

I literally have zero issue with him doing that ^^^^

It highlights the utter ridiculousness of dividing a company into shares and deciding the value of them based on... things. If I had the money I would do exactly this (if I'd thought about it) and I'd do it over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I'd say you could mitigate the problem by having close government oversight of the big platforms but then I look at our government and yeah, that might not work.
                    Yeah; that's the problem - imagine if Trump had closer control of Twitter etc. during his administration?

I mean, it was already bad enough that he broke their ToS loads of times and didn't get banned until he was nearly out of office.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      I literally have zero issue with him doing that ^^^^

It highlights the utter ridiculousness of dividing a company into shares and deciding the value of them based on... things. If I had the money I would do exactly this (if I'd thought about it) and I'd do it over and over again.
                      Me neither, stock exchange’s do this as a living but cry into their hanky’s at the very smell of anyone else daring to manipulate it all for profit. Basically stocks are our toy and you can’t play with it.

Fake made up money goes up and down because people want to play with it, but only certain people, just all complete nonsense.

Comment

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' strategy to defend against Elon Musk takeover bid (msn.com)
                        Twitter makes moves to block Musk's buyout plan

Comment

Bill Murray reportedly accused of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ on film set | Film | The Guardian
                          Being Mortal's production has been halted to investigate a claim of inappropriate behaviour involving Bill Murray

Biden: Republicans’ Disney vote shows ‘far right has taken over party’ | Florida | The Guardian
                          Republicans make the dumb move of waging war on the previously supportive Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Well, the poison pill didn't work as intended because Twitter has accepted Musk's proposal for a complete buyout at slightly more than $54 per share, totalling around $44 billion.
                            /PRNewswire/ -- Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an entity wholly owned by Elon...

Comment

All users will need to be authenticated, just like Facebook. Should massively reduce the bots and duplicate accounts etc.

Comment

It's going to be a car crash that Musk can't control. Bit like the self-drive in Tesla motorcars

Comment

Working...
                                X