Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI 2.1 - upgrading leads?

Howdy
    I've just ordered myself a fancy LG C10 (or X if you want to be all Roman about it). My current TV being an old Kuro I read up a fair bit but still have a question regarding 2.1. I'm aware 2.1 allows for extra bandwidth but does this only apply to 8K? What I'm asking is will my forthcoming tech, such as a PS5 (when I can get one) and the new Shield TV Pro need 2.1 or can I continue to use my current HDMI leads? Furthermore I was always under the impression that HDMI leads were always pretty much the same since they sent a digital signal, am I being naive here and missing some super duper cables I should upgrade to pronto?

Cheers all in advance.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

If you want to go 4K at 120hz it's better to go for 2.1 cables. HDMI 2.0 can technically carry 4K@120hz but the source will need to scale down chroma subsampling and no HDR; also HDMI 2.0 is officially limited at 4K@60hz, so anything past that might simply not work.

Comment

The PS5 will include a suitable cable. For all the difference in price between a 48Gbps cable and the older HDMI 2.0 18Gbps cables your as well being futureproofed. Monoprice do 48Gbps cables for a good price.

Comment

Working...
      X