No announcement yet.

Apple VR (rumour, 2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All it takes is a couple of "influencers" shilling it on Twitch / YouTube and if it isn't priced at Index levels, there's enough marketshare available currently for Apple to get its slice of it.

Comment

As an Index user I dont have much interest in the proposed Apple VR device at this time. However I`ll whole heartedly support it if can play a part in toppling the chance of a faceache monopoly.

Comment

To be honest they need to make it SteamVR native. We do not need a 4th API (5th if you include the open source vr initiative). It's already a pain running WMR, WMR for SteamVR and SteamVR just to get a game running.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          To be honest they need to make it SteamVR native. We do not need a 4th API (5th if you include the open source vr initiative). It's already a pain running WMR, WMR for SteamVR and SteamVR just to get a game running.
          Part of me really wants Valve to add a Quest-alike to the Index line. Towards the end of owning my Quest 1, everything I was playing was on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Part of me really wants Valve to add a Quest-alike to the Index line. Towards the end of owning my Quest 1, everything I was playing was on Steam.
            That would be perfect in my eyes

Comment

I don’t want to go back to lower resolutions. Is there a wireless protocol that can do 4K at 90fps+ yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                I don’t want to go back to lower resolutions. Is there a wireless protocol that can do 4K at 90fps+ yet?
                Horses for courses; honestly I thought this would really bother me when I used the Quest wirelessly with Virtual Desktop, but after a few minutes I got over it.

Not that this is fine for everyone. Hell, I'll take 720p60fps over 1080p<60fps every time.

Comment

Yeah I depends what you’re playing. Alyx on the rift S vs on the reverb I don’t really care about. For simulations though e.g. flight simulator, asseto corsa, dcs it’s important. Also for elite and star citizen

Comment

Apple’s rumored VR headset could cost $3,000, feature 8K displays and over a dozen cameras

Comment

Oh ye of little faith! Just check the render they provided of this miraculous device, and that'll shut your doubting yap!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        Oh ye of little faith! Just check the render they provided of this miraculous device, and that'll shut your doubting yap!
                        So we know it straps to your head then.

Comment

Given that the GPUs needed to almost acceptably drive 4K VR are currently made of unobtanium I don't really see what use an 8K one would be lol!

Comment

Would they even need to actually render the games at full 8k? Apple’s A and M series SoC have a lot of machine learning capacity which could be used to very effectively upscale each frame. I’ve used a couple of ML accelerated apps on iOS to upscale images for printing and it is surprisingly quick. Running the same app on my non ML enabled iPad is vastly slower.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              So we know it straps to your head then.
                              I believe it runs on some kind of electricity...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                I believe it runs on some kind of electricity...
                                What will they think of next!

Comment

Working...
                                X