No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Those ruddy Tories! They're scum! I'm going to teach 'em a lesson and vote them in at the next election so they 'av to work for another 4 years!"

I'm increasingly convinced this is the mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      "Those ruddy Tories! They're scum! I'm going to teach 'em a lesson and vote them in at the next election so they 'av to work for another 4 years!"

I'm increasingly convinced this is the mentality.
      I know you're being facetious, but it's much simpler than that. Those voters genuinely worry that some day they might be a millionaire, but it'll be under a Labour government and they won't be able to keep all the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I know you're being facetious, but it's much simpler than that. Those voters genuinely worry that some day they might be a millionaire, but it'll be under a Labour government and they won't be able to keep all the money.
        Yep, that's it. Spot on. They all aspire to be in the Rees-Mogg club and moronically think they'd be welcomed.

Comment

My mother in law voted for them because 'they look after your money'.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            My mother in law voted for them because 'they look after your money'.
            Well yeah they do, just not in any account you have access to...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              You made me choke on my tea.

Thing is, I don't think any government in world history has looked after your money. It's just not what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Its funny because its true.

Comment

Just had the worst supermarket experience since first lockdown.

Local Tescos I don't tend to go in often as at the height of the lockdown you had to queue ages to get in and longer to get out but around ste start of winter things were ok even around Christmas but I'd rather go to the Sainsburys on the way back from work as the store was bigger, has more choice and the store never felt busy. Some days it has queues but they rarely took longer than 12 mins to get in.

Today people were crowded in the doorway of the actual shop, some for cleaning baskets, some waiting to just grab one, the kiosk and just groups of people milling about. Before even the foyer entrance people were milling about. People physically pushed past me several times and twice I had someone standing so close behind me when I was trying to wait for space to move around someone they made me feel really uncomfortable. Big groups of friends and mums letting kids take the entire width of isles and talk on the phone.

Got to a till and waited for the person with the cashier to just about finish packing their bags until I started loading onto the belt when the cashier SHOUTED at me
                  "NO, Stop that now its OVER!!"
                  Me- Huh?
                  " no more, please finish and go away"
                  Me - Sorry? Is this till closed?
                  "YES SORRY JUST GO"

Staff member was really harassed but she was yelling at me so much people were staring. I managed to join another till where a dad and kid were waiting patiently for a lady to clean the entire till before swapping with a new guy. Got seen to next quickly and he apologized for my wait which I said was perfectly fine but I was concerned how busy it was. He said I'm the 3rd to mention that before he even got 10 minutes into his shift and already mentioned to his manager before coming back onto the tills. Said a collegue asked a group of teenagers to distance more as they all grouped up in the self serve and he just got sworn at.

I won't be venturing in that local any time soon, I was on the verge of having a bit of an anxiety attack when shopping as I just felt ill with so many people crowding around.
                  Last edited by Blobcat; 06-03-2021, 14:18.

Comment

I'm sure we've been here before. Tories are scum through and through, Labour are fiscally useless anti-semites, so I look forward to a Lib Dem / Green coalition next time.

Except...the Libs Dems are liars who betrayed students and got into bed with scum.

And...the other parties, Green et al, are simply too small, too one policy, too incapable of stepping up.

It's ok, I see where this is going, and yes dammit, I will rule you all in Putin / Xi / Jong Un dictator style.

Edit - damn Blobcat, that's poor. That sort of behaviour would not fly under my rule let me tell you grrrrrr
                    Last edited by wheelaa; 06-03-2021, 13:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                      Just had the worst supermarket experience since first lockdown.

Local Tescos I don't tend to go in often as at the height of the lockdown you had to queue ages to get in and longer to get out but around ste start of winter things were ok even around Christmas but I'd rather go to the Sainsburys on the way back from work as the store was bigger, has more choice and the store never felt busy. Some days it has queues but they rarely took longer than 12 mins to get in.

Today people were crowded in the doorway of the actual shop, some for cleaning baskets, some waiting to just grab one, the kiosk and just groups of people milling about. Before even the foyer entrance people were milling about. People physically pushed past me several times and twice I had someone standing so close behind me when I was trying to wait for space to move around someone they made me feel really uncomfortable. Big groups of friends and mums letting kids take the entire width of isles and talk on the phone.

Got to a till and waited for the person with the cashier to just about finish packing their bags until I started loading onto the belt when the cashier SHOUTED at me
                      "NO, Stop that now its OVER!!"
                      Me- Huh?
                      " no more, please finish and go away"
                      Me - Sorry? Is this till closed?
                      "YES SORRY JUST GO"

Staff member was really harassed but she was yelling at me so much people were staring. I managed to join another till where a dad and kid were waiting patiently for a lady to clean the entire till before swapping with a new guy. Got seen to so quickly and he appologised for my wait which I said was perfectly fine but I was concerned how busy it was. He said I'm the 3rd to mention that before he even got 10 minutes into his shift and already mentioned to his manager before coming back onto the tills. Said a collegue asked a group of teenagers to distance more as they all grouped up in the self serve and he just got sworn at.

I won't be venturing in that local any time soon, I was on the verge of having a bit of an anxiety attack when shopping as I just felt ill with so many people crowding around.
                      Honestly, I would have just turned round and left. **** that place.

Comment

I wish I had. I'd had a rough morning and stuck to it initially because I thought I was just being oversensitive but by the time I got shouted at I was very close to dropping everything and going if it wasn't for the items I needed for our special dinner today.

Green party has power in near by brighton so nearby areas have a big drive for greener living and such. We have big recycling bins nearby since they don't let us use individual bins. But these communal ones are CONSTANTLY full, as in withing 3 hours of them being emptied there is rarely room to throw your stuff in. Its a bad cycle cause everyone collects more and more in their house in the hope they can fill it till one day people start leaving big boxes full of stuff outside of the bins and more fly tipping happens. I think they started to collect a bit more regularly but it's not consistent and they need to add extra bins too considering everyone is buying from Amazon during lockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                          I wish I had. I'd had a rough morning and stuck to it initially because I thought I was just being oversensitive but by the time I got shouted at I was very close to dropping everything and going if it wasn't for the items I needed for our special dinner today.

Green party has power in near by brighton so nearby areas have a big drive for greener living and such. We have big recycling bins nearby since they don't let us use individual bins. But these communal ones are CONSTANTLY full, as in withing 3 hours of them being emptied there is rarely room to throw your stuff in. Its a bad cycle cause everyone collects more and more in their house in the hope they can fill it till one day people start leaving big boxes full of stuff outside of the bins and more fly tipping happens. I think they started to collect a bit more regularly but it's not consistent and they need to add extra bins too considering everyone is buying from Amazon during lockdowns.
                          The problem is that our road is a major route out of the city, and people commuting to work stop and put their own rubbish in there - you see them do it on a morning. I don't have a problem with it; if it's convenient for them, then great! But the council should empty it 3-4 times a week.

Comment

Gavin Williamson is now considering adding a school term to the calendar to help kids catch up on lost education or extending the length of school days.

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

For the first time in a long, long time the UK has recorded zero deaths for COVID today

Comment

" 7 March 2021
                                Owing to processing issues for deaths in England, the numbers of deaths throughout the UK will be updated later. In the meantime, the number of newly reported deaths for 7 March 2021 may incorrectly show as zero.

"

Comment

Working...
                                X