United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

The Governments hotel quarantine system for new arrivals is in tatters as it emerges 99% of arrivals aren't attending it.
    Probably because they don't have to and the vast majority of arrivals need to quarantine at home.

The actual concern with that update you reference should be

"The chair of the committee, Yvette Cooper, asked what the compliance rate was for the 99% of arrivals who were required to quarantine at home. Lincoln said the latest assessment by the police is around 85%." (grauniad bolding, not mine).
    Last edited by wheelaa; 24-02-2021, 18:04. Reason: Hmmm

Comment

First they didn't have it, then they said it was naff, now they have it and... aren't using it. 4 out of 5 AstraZeneca doses sent to the EU have yet to be used with public lack of confidence said to be an issue... and issue the EU made for itself.

Comment

AstraZeneca vaccine was just approved for Canada, so we'll take it instead!

Comment

I wouldn’t feel confident with it. It’s obviously much better than nothing but it feels like it just improves your odds of not getting it. Which is great but not exactly confident protection. Like, if it was a KFC product, I’m not sure they’d legally be allowed to call it chicken. If there was a deodorant on the market that had the same percentage chance of not having you sweat buckets, you wouldn’t buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            I wouldn’t feel confident with it. It’s obviously much better than nothing but it feels like it just improves your odds of not getting it. Which is great but not exactly confident protection. Like, if it was a KFC product, I’m not sure they’d legally be allowed to call it chicken. If there was a deodorant on the market that had the same percentage chance of not having you sweat buckets, you wouldn’t buy it.
            Well it offers 40%-60% reduction in getting the Virus and a 90% reduction in serious illness if you do. That's pretty good for a single dose. If it was a bracelet in an RPG I'd wear it.

Comment

Well of course but you could still get your ass kicked by a boss and we don’t get save points.

Comment

If the only better deodorant was the new ones by nvidia and amd I’d use the deodorant rather than no deodorant.

Love these analogies

Comment

If AMD and nVidia made deodorant it would rarely be available and only at an exorbitant markup when it is!

Comment

I was going to compare the different vaccines by listing them as difficulty levels on Streets of Rage 2 (Johnson & Johnson single-dose would be the special "Mania" one you have to hold some buttons down for).

Comment

I was able to survive the last boss in Hades with a damage modifier at only 33% (25% from 5x Olympian God boons and 8% from Thanatos' trinket [no damage room clear bonus 1% x8 rooms]). That's way below any of the vaccination stats and I survived so yeah that clinches it for me.

Comment

Also, no vaccine is 100%. You can still get polio under the right circumstances.
                        I think having 40% protection bonus to covid-19 is a pretty good stat to have.

Comment

I'm sure it was posted or I read the flu vaccine is around 45-67% effective so by comparison Pfizer and AZ are astounding

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Also, no vaccine is 100%. You can still get polio under the right circumstances.
                            I don’t want polio. That’s the last thing I need.

I guess the thing for me is this - we’ve been willing to almost halt the workings of society globally because of this disease. To get a vaccine and go back to normal when, actually, the stats on some of the vaccines aren’t fantastic seems like quite a risk when you consider the number of people we’re taking about (most of the world). Maybe a risk we’d have to take... if it weren’t for the fact that we also have much more effective vaccines. Why walk into combat with a stick when you have the master sword?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I don’t want polio. That’s the last thing I need.

I guess the thing for me is this - we’ve been willing to almost halt the workings of society globally because of this disease. To get a vaccine and go back to normal when, actually, the stats on some of the vaccines aren’t fantastic seems like quite a risk when you consider the number of people we’re taking about (most of the world). Maybe a risk we’d have to take... if it weren’t for the fact that we also have much more effective vaccines. Why walk into combat with a stick when you have the master sword?
                              I guess, but it's only one jab. The vaccines stack, so if you can live long enough and earn the experience points, you'll get a 2nd jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                                Politicians have always been corrupt, but they occasionally were forced to resign or be sacked. Now they can just do what they like.
                                OMG, yes! At last! Someone else who has noticed!

From Profumo to Mandelson, ministers who **** up or do dodgy **** (and get caught) have to go. That is all gone. Get caught lying? No problem! Get your mate or lover a multimillion pound contract? Carry on.

****ing disgusting state of affairs!

Comment

Working...
                                X