United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Pro-germ is a bold stance to take in 2021.
    Each to their own, bloke at work gets all his food delivered and washes all the packets and loose fruit & veg but I'm not a smart-arse with him.

Me, I'm not Howard Hughes so aside from the usual I'm not scrubbing myself down every five mins and cleaning all the rooms to hospital standard.

If that's you fine, crack on.

Comment

I'm just having a laugh mate, don't get your knickers in a twist. Probably should have added a smiley to my last post. Sorry if I've ticked you off

Originally posted by [COLOR=#333333
      Me, I'm not Howard Hughes so aside from the usual I'm not scrubbing myself down every five mins and cleaning all the rooms to hospital standard.
      This made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I'm just having a laugh mate, don't get your knickers in a twist. Probably should have added a smiley to my last post. Sorry if I've ticked you off

This made me laugh
        Aah cheers, I jumped to the wrong conclusion so thanks for explaining apologies from me too!

Thong has been untwisted - aaand relax!

Comment

No worries

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
            I'm not so decided on that, I don't mind a few germs here and there helps the immune system.
            The problem is a few of the wrong germs don't and you don't get to choose which ones get on your hands

Comment

Got a work text message at 10:30pm last night by a manager saying they have had a reported case of covid in the practice. The way its worded it could be a staff member who has tested positive or a patient who has contacted us/ track and trace.

In any case, in my case anyway, things are to remain normal but now have to take a lateral flow test every day. I'm having to work today and help cover an extra shift in reception so that's gonna be fun.

Oh and Michael Gove is getting divorced.

Comment

Is there a sanitiser available to cleanse away the thought of Anpanman in a thong?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Is there a sanitiser available to cleanse away the thought of Anpanman in a thong?
                  Only jet fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    We call it "beer"*. It sanitises on the way down.

*Beer consumption may lead to other problems. Please drink responsibly.

Comment

Mask wearing is about to be dropped also, this latest drive is quickly mounting up to be the governments biggest COVID ****show so far

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://www.theguardian.com/society/...nrick-confirms
                        Mask wearing is about to be dropped also, this latest drive is quickly mounting up to be the governments biggest COVID ****show so far
                        I assume Javid is now just making the play that the public will tolerate deaths if it means they can get pissed at Weatherspoons.

If it goes tits-up, he'll just blame the NHS, and start to ask why we even still have such an "obviously" out-dated public institution in this day-and-age, when all these people are dying from COVID! Shouldn't we just get rid of it? Your taxes might be lower etc-

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I assume Javid is now just making the play that the public will tolerate deaths if it means they can get pissed at Weatherspoons.

If it goes tits-up, he'll just blame the NHS, and start to ask why we even still have such an "obviously" out-dated public institution in this day-and-age, when all these people are dying from COVID! Shouldn't we just get rid of it? Your taxes might be lower etc-
                          This sums it up, as long as the masses of plebs can still get their beer and cheap hols to Benidorm then there happy, until it kills half their family then its suddenly a problem again.

Also re the NHS the gov already removed all the barriers to selling it off so that will start happening under the table soon, if not already.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

Also re the NHS the gov already removed all the barriers to selling it off so that will start happening under the table soon, if not already.
                            I mean... I'm definitely no fan of any Tory Government, never mind this one...but are we really gonna start pretending that the last Labour Government weren't complicit in starting the removal of said barriers to full and uncut NHS privatisation??

Comment

What happens when Government self-interest meets voter stupidity? A perfectly timed news update

Comment

Working...
                              X