GBCP?

U(-S)GBSR?

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
      GBCP?

U(-S)GBSR?
      DPRGB = Democratic peoples Republic of Great Britain

Comment

You can catch it and even spread it to the yet to vaccinated but as case numbers are rising Hancock has his plan being prepped - let the vaccinated not have to isolate. As part of the UK's continued Run Before It Can Walk campaign those who have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case would be allowed to continue mixing with others.

Parroting the words he's already eaten once this summer, Johnson this morning said it's all looking good for the final restrictions to be lifted on 19 July. Like an utter moron he then said it looked like the NHS was in for another rough Winter and that meant it's important to drive COVID figures down now -- all this as they're rising exponentially due to a lack of restrictions.

Comment

I can't even. It's just such a load of ****. While this was clearly hard to manage, it wasn't as hard as the government made it. We don't even need hindsight as many were saying what needs to be done before it was actually done!

Now people are acting like it's over when it isn't. And winter is going to be very interesting.

People talk about lockdown too, we aren't even in one! There are still restrictions of course but we have relative freedom! People are just selfish!

Comment

I'm just confused at the entire government response to all this.
            Are you telling me, in all of history, no one has ever posed the question 'What do we do if there is a pandemic?'
            Like, I work in IT, and we pose all kind of D.R questions all the time. Isn't this a thing anywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              I intend to Take Back Control and defang the bureaucrats, like Boracles subduing the Nemean lion
              Loved your whole post, but this was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Are you telling me, in all of history, no one has ever posed the question 'What do we do if there is a pandemic?'
                Like, I work in IT, and we pose all kind of D.R questions all the time. Isn't this a thing anywhere else?
                Operation Cygnus, 2016. Pretty much wholly ignored.

Comment

So the vaccinated can still catch it just as easily and also spread it? So its not a vaccination then, its just a flu booster.

Comment

In essence yep. It's clear the Governments plan is to just let COVID run rampant as long as hospitalisations and deaths stay low which is fine as in effect that's like most other illnesses however the broken logic they're missing is too many in the UK remain unvaccinated and the same remains internationally so without enough supression everywhere allowing people to go here there and everywhere increases the chances of a Lockdown 04 and of a worse variant entering the country and ruining the progress. Everything hinges on double vaccinations too, so once enhanced freedoms are deployed those in the first wave of second doses will be going about their business not even knowing if the vaccine remains effect. They dumb as hell, as usual a couple more months patience would solve everything yet here we are squandering the opportunity yet again.
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 22-06-2021, 07:10.

Comment

It's strange to think that, for a while, we were a world leader at pandemic preparedness.
                      Operation Cygnus found several shortcomings that we should have addressed, but depressingly, the government chose to focus on Brexit:
                      "One of the few existential dilemmas the UK has faced over the last decade is Brexit. Somewhat paradoxically, in prioritising Brexit, government ministers dealt another blow to the UK’s preparedness for a threat whose consequences would be deadly. Training for key workers to manage a pandemic was stalled to make space for contingency plans around no-deal Brexit, while the UK missed opportunities for EU-level purchasing of PPE, and parliamentary enquiries into preparedness for infectious disease were delayed and eventually halted due to the 2019 election.

Early in the pandemic, the UK made the significant – and potentially fatal – decision to ignore the advice of the WHO, an institution for which the UK is still a top government funder, which recommended a strategy of testing, isolating and contact tracing."

The Covid-19 crisis has exposed the effects of government neglect on Britain’s once-trailblazing public health strategies, says Clare Wenham, assistant professor of global health policy at LSE

Comment

Yeah, but in all normal jobs, people use things like JIRA. Every task, every major area of work has an owner, a person who takes responsibility for said task, and stakeholders, people who share that responsibility. This is tracked via a simple system and while a task can change owner, it keeps a record of ownership and when everyone was involved.

This is why normal business can't promise millions on the side of a bus, then somehow forget who asked to have it painted once it's found out to be a complete lie.

MPs just don't get it. They think we were pissed off at a duck-house; it's not that at all. We were pissed off at the lack of accountability that would get any normal person sacked.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        I can't even. It's just such a load of ****. While this was clearly hard to manage, it wasn't as hard as the government made it. We don't even need hindsight as many were saying what needs to be done before it was actually done!
                        **** it, just gonna come out and say it. Boris is dancing this dance because too many in his party just want to kill the poor and vulnerable because they're a hassle. Like they would never admit this in as many words-

"Bodies piling high", you say? Wow, I guess they will say it in as many words.

As you were.

EDIT: Ah, forgot my point.

All this, CON+4. Because we live in a country where far too many people feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...rtan-ntp-feeds
                          GB News starts to get compared to the BBC
                          I'm glad others are starting to see the BBC as a government propaganda vehicle.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]

100% agree

Comment

Hancock confirms plans to being considered to drop quarantines on UK passengers returning to the UK if they're fully vaccinated. Can anyone say Epsilon Variant?

He also says case numbers in the UK are slowing (words I'm sure he won't regret later this week) and yet also echoes Johnson saying that restrictions might have to return for the winter because of... you know.., the,erm flu?

Comment

Working...
                              X