No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have much of a problem with Cummings doing what he's doing, yes he's playing to the gallery but quite a bit of what he says doesn't paint the government in a good light.

As for the care home staff, has to be a good move but overall Hancock is weak and has to go, and I still prefer Tony - better comedian.

Comment

I'm just amazed he's not referred to as Hat Mancock more often in common discourse.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
        I don't have much of a problem with Cummings doing what he's doing, yes he's playing to the gallery but quite a bit of what he says doesn't paint the government in a good light.
        But this is the problem - just because he's saying something some people want to hear and giving them confirmation bias, doesn't mean he's a credible witness. He's not doing this from the kindness of his heart, warning the world against Boris and Hancock, he's doing it because he's disgruntled and to save his own skin - and I don't doubt for a second that there's a large amount of embelishment going on here.

Cummings is a proven liar, he's in the same circle as the rest of them in Whitehall, but pretending that he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          But this is the problem - just because he's saying something some people want to hear and giving them confirmation bias, doesn't mean he's a credible witness. He's not doing this from the kindness of his heart, warning the world against Boris and Hancock, he's doing it because he's disgruntled and to save his own skin - and I don't doubt for a second that there's a large amount of embelishment going on here.

Cummings is a proven liar, he's in the same circle as the rest of them in Whitehall, but pretending that he's not.
          It does make me wonder if there's something waiting in the wings which will see someone behind bars some day, and he's trying to make sure it isn't him. Like he isn't the "Olly North" in the fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            It does make me wonder if there's something waiting in the wings which will see someone behind bars some day, and he's trying to make sure it isn't him. Like he isn't the "Olly North" in the fiasco.
            I think the Daily Star's take on this is the most accurate as their headline explains:

"Hopeless bloke said hopeless bloke is hopeless, says hopeless bloke"

Comment

Labour calls for clarity after leaked plans suggest the Tories are finally willing to sacrifice Pret-a-Manger and legislate to make Working from Home a default legal right

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Remember the day of 0 COVID deaths? We're back in the 20's now with the death rate rising now at a rate of +41%

Hospitalisations are back in the 200's region with 222 today and it rising at +43%

And cases, well, yesterday was a Wave 03 peak at 9,055... today the UK public has done it's very British Best and struck gold with 11,007 new cases.

It's a damned good job that for the next 32 days we've opted to keep restrictions exactly as they currently are - I'm sure the pandemic will be quashed like its summer 2020!

Comment

Lib Dems win Chesham and Amersham byelection in stunning upset
                  Sarah Green takes formerly safe Buckinghamshire seat despite senior Tories’ canvassing

British food and drink exports to EU fall by £2bn in first quarter of 2021
                  Industry body says analysis of HMRC data shows structural rather than teething problems with Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Sarah Green takes formerly safe Buckinghamshire seat despite senior Tories’ canvassing
                    Is the UK waking up to the utter incompetence that is our current goverment? id say no its probably more to do with the popularity contest that is our current political system than anything else, The current media narrative is what's causing them to loose support rather than anyone actually waking up to how corrupt they are, Johnson and Hancock being front and center of embarrassing whatsapp revelations seems to be doing more damage to them than any actual corruption scandal. It really comes to something when the Daily Stars front page looks like something that wouldn't look out of place on the front cover of private eye.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 21-06-2021, 09:17.

Comment

The vote and seat here was more to do with HS2 I believe.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

British food and drink exports to EU fall by £2bn in first quarter of 2021
                        Industry body says analysis of HMRC data shows structural rather than teething problems with Brexit
                        You didn't post the one about olympic condoms anywhere? Oh QC...

Comment

The government are removing the electoral commissions ability to prosecute. Because we love to live in a totalitarian state.

Comment

“Wiffle waffle … ok, er, gentlemen, and, er, ladies. This Electoral Commission thing. It seems that it has actual power? Is that correct? Ah. Yes. Well, er, you see, er, we simply cannot allow that to continue. We need to, er, keep the chumocracy safe and sound from, er, undesirable, er, institutions that could … spaff up our, er, legitimate, er, personal gains, and those of our, er, exalted friends. Matt Arsehole, er, Hancock, what do you think? How’s your local? Yes, yes, exactly! There can be no, er, zero sum games played while we, ermmmm, try to make Britain Better Together. I intend to Take Back Control and defang the bureaucrats, like Boracles subduing the Nemean lion, and bring Policing Parliament In-House. That’ll be all. I’ve got a new Personal Private Secretary to, ahem, break in.”

It’s ok, though, folks! The kangaroo court of public opinion will be judge and jury. And the media which shapes said court is firmly anti-privilege and anti-nepotism. They will take Boris to task!

Comment

People are surprised by this?

Comment

In 2011 they increased the election times from 4 years to 5 years
                                In 2013 they introduced the largest internet control measures in the Western world
                                They are reorganising the voting borders to tilt things in their favour
                                They also stopped doing media conferences
                                Now they are removing anything that has teeth
                                They regularly ignore legislation and funnel public funds into their pockets

Next they'll increase the election times to anything up to every 10 years
                                They'll begin locking the Internet down further too to ensure no discussion of wrong doing by them can take place
                                They'll double down on attacking the poor to create a public divide
                                From there they can easily pass laws to record and tag undesirables

Comment

Working...
                                X