No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone on the radio said they should check who was in the next office to Hancock as the occasion he was caught out was around the same time Patel was saying people should dob in their neighbours for breaking rules

Comment

Johnson hints that the 19 July may be an easing and not a full removal of remaining measures

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Just a drop under 28,000 for a new record today again. Deaths and hospitalisations still rising at a rate of around 10%. It's still much less than before but the proportion of children is said to be higher which will dog the planned changes for schools and long covid discussion

Comment

Social distancing looking likely to be officially abandoned from 19 July

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...and-on-19-july
            Social distancing looking likely to be officially abandoned from 19 July
            **** that!

I plan on continuing to wear a mask while out and about as well as staying away from people as much as possible when in the street.

Comment

Good thing the UK is free from covid now. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                **** that!

I plan on continuing to wear a mask while out and about as well as staying away from people as much as possible when in the street.
                Same

That said even before all this **** I rarely got close to people I didn't know anyway lol

Neil

Comment

Got a good excuse for it. That and mouthing swearwords at people under my mask.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    **** that!

Ugh, this is going to be the start of it, too.

You'll get anti-maskers accosting you in the street, "you don't need to wear that now mate" (in an insistent tone), "you're making my children uncomfortable with your mask, they get scared because they think COVID's still going around" and so on.

Might just not go outside until October.

Comment

Probably the same people who copped the hump when you asked them to wear a mask when they should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Probably the same people who copped the hump when you asked them to wear a mask when they should have been.
                        Yeah, but they're probably going to get a chip on their shoulder now. Back when Brexit was on-the-go, there were a bunch of people outside my local 'spoons giving away right-wing leaflets, but at least prior to the vote, you could ignore them. Once the vote went through, they'd start harassing you to take one, and if you refused, they'd start to ask why, why, move up the street with you, why, what's wrong, why don't you want one-

They stopped pretty quickly the first time I told one of the ****ers I'd knock him over if he didn't leave me alone. But the point was I had to do that and it put a downer on my weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          Same

That said even before all this **** I rarely got close to people I didn't know anyway lol

Neil
                          I just stare and loudly ask why your standing so close to me when people stand right next to me in my personal space, i hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Yeah, but they're probably going to get a chip on their shoulder now. Back when Brexit was on-the-go, there were a bunch of people outside my local 'spoons giving away right-wing leaflets, but at least prior to the vote, you could ignore them. Once the vote went through, they'd start harassing you to take one, and if you refused, they'd start to ask why, why, move up the street with you, why, what's wrong, why don't you want one-

They stopped pretty quickly the first time I told one of the ****ers I'd knock him over if he didn't leave me alone. But the point was I had to do that and it put a downer on my weekend.
                            I have zero tolerance now days, zero. I don't even respond anymore, they get 1 ignore completely and if they press me a second time i get right in their face and just snarl at them, the horror on their faces, hilarious.

Comment

Oh hey, congratulations to billionaire Richard Branson for beating billionaire Jeff Bezos in the space race!

I'm sure Virgin Atlantic staff forced to take eight weeks unpaid leave are cheering Richard on, as are the staff of Amazon who aren't allowed breaks and forced to pee in a bottle.

Either way, I'm sure both men-of-the-people will enjoy their orbital view of the world burning.

Comment

I can see him and Bezos both going up in flames when they try to come back down.

Comment

Working...
                                X