No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whattaya know? Yesterdays report into events turns out to be a waste of time as PCR's were voluntary and so it relied mostly on LFT's that are largely useless

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tial-outbreaks
      Whattaya know? Yesterdays report into events turns out to be a waste of time as PCR's were voluntary and so it relied mostly on LFT's that are largely useless
      " It’s time to give us the certainty that we have been crying out for, and open the night-time economy fully, no more excuses,” said Michael Kill, the chief executive of the Night Time Industry Association.
      Oh dear. "Kill or be Killed" can be your next thread title.

Comment

You know how when you turn 18 you can go out and do a lot more things than you could before?

Well, like a horny teenager suffering from peer group pressure COVID had attempted to skip being 17 and jumped straight to over 18,000 new cases today in a new third wave record.

Of course, the older you are the sooner you're likely to die which fits as whilst still low deaths are now rising at a rate of 60%
        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-06-2021, 17:17.

Comment

Hatt Mancock has resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Hatt Mancock has resigned.
            Huh? He wasn't resigning because he'd said sorry and Johnson said the matter was closed?

Feel really bad for Hancock's wife and kids.
            He got a call from The Sun saying they were breaking the story, so he went and told his wife, woke his youngest of 3 kids to tell them he's leaving and packed a bag.

Gina Coladangelo was apparently seen packing her bags and leaving her marital home on Thursday.

Friends say they're a "love match" and will be setting up home together.

How romantic.

In other news, it's alleged Michael Gove has moved out of his marital home with Daily Mail columnist, Sarah Vine...

Comment

Sajid Javid makes a comeback as thew new Health Minister. Because god forbid someone outside the same names was picked.

Comment

Sundays numbers are normally lower, today just under 15,000 which is a big jump on last Sunday but on par with what you'd expect. That being said a warning has been issued over missing figures from England that will be added in tomorrows update so... brace yourselves.

Comment

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
                  Sundays numbers are normally lower, today just under 15,000 which is a big jump on last Sunday but on par with what you'd expect. That being said a warning has been issued over missing figures from England that will be added in tomorrows update so... brace yourselves.
                  I always ignore weekend & Monday figures, always low & under reported I just see Tuesday to Friday as the only true representation of where we are at... basically f*****

Neil

Comment

Launching straight into the role Sajid Javid yesterday said he wanted to get everything back to normal as soon as possible

"I see no reason..."
                    Till you do apparently - Johnson is tipped to announce yet another predictable fallback by stating that ending restrictions early won't be possible, doubling down the pressure about the 19 July as numbers rise. Many Tories are now pushing hard for all COVID measures to be ceased.

And more than 2m people in the UK now have Long COVID

Comment

Javid says there's no going back in terms of lifting remaining restrictions on 19 July confirming that as the new Health Minister he doesn't give a **** how bad the third wave of the pandemic could get.

Meanwhile Hong Kong is to ban all flights from the UK after categorising us as 'extremely high risk'

Comment

The only thing not going backwards is the Tory's ability to not pick useless incompetent Morons who would rather roll out stupid idiotic soundbytes. This not going backwards statement seems to be in direct opposition to any actual assessment of how the current situation is unfolding, it really dose feel like the general public think this is over and should of been over fully already so are being less vigilant and pushing the numbers back up.

It certainly feels like its getting worse, office is like a ghost town today as loads of people are off and isolating. To add to that two people in our office where pinged by the app and forced to go home and isolate for 10 days. Another guy had to go pick his kid up from school as his kids bubble had an infection. Closer to home one of my sister in laws kids are off school due to bubbles failing and Finally at lunch my wife called me as she has had to pick my niece from nursery as the whole place has had to shut due to a large number of infections.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 28-06-2021, 14:17.

Comment

Meanwhile Hong Kong is to ban all flights from the UK after categorising us as 'extremely high risk'
                          Just put the whole country on a no fly list and be done with it.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 28-06-2021, 14:43.

Comment

Just shy of 23,000 new cases and it's only Monday

Comment

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
                              Just shy of 23,000 new cases and it's only Monday
                              Hmmm... That's true.

But it's a similar number to last Feb, when we had ~700 deaths per day and ~1700 hospitalisations.

Whereas now, we only have 15 deaths and 200 hospitalisations.

The vaccines are never going to make the numbers zero, but they've clearly massively reduced things. I hate to be "that guy" but I'm curious to know how many people, nationally, die of something pneumonia... Is it less than 15 in an average week?

I'm also not saying "show's over, let's get back to normal" like one of those Covidiot protestors but at the same time, I guess I'm trying to see something positive after all this time.

Comment

Yep, vaccinations have def made a big dent. I'm mostly wary that the Governments approach remains all bets are off and as it's nearing July it means many catching it likely don't also have other seasonal illnesses it can compound. With WHO, the NHS and other nations all raising the red alerts over the direction we're headed in I lean to their concerns more than the Tories 'trust us its okay this time' argument. If it goes sidewards as summertime ends we'll have allowed it to get so far out of control that the rest of 2021 will be a nightmare. By the looks of things the NHS at the least won't be catching up on other treatments any time soon and as other countries look at our infection rates in despair the public needs to forget the current obsession with foreign travel as they'll be locking us from going soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X