United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    "balance the rights of protesters with the rights of others to go about their business unhindered"

Erm, that's impossible. You'd have to take away almost all the rights of protestors. A man shouting a protest in the street is a hinderance to me getting a coffee from Pret. Banned. Basically you have to protest quietly at home; previously known as "grumbling".
    How else will the Tories go to Pret free of prole interference

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      How else will the Tories go to Pret free of prole interference
      Sir David Amess, Conservative - "My office looks out onto Parliament Square and I have long complained about the endless demonstrations taking place at this very busy roundabout. It is absolutely ridiculous, it is very difficult to work because of the noise of drums, horns and loudspeakers."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Sir David Amess, Conservative - "My office looks out onto Parliament Square and I have long complained about the endless demonstrations taking place at this very busy roundabout. It is absolutely ridiculous, it is very difficult to work because of the noise of drums, horns and loudspeakers."
        Oh god, isn't that the ****er who opposed doing anything about COVID, advocating surival of the fittest?

How does someone who looks like some kind of grim caricature of a craven Tory be so lacking in self-awareness?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          "balance the rights of protesters with the rights of others to go about their business unhindered"

Erm, that's impossible. You'd have to take away almost all the rights of protestors. A man shouting a protest in the street is a hinderance to me getting a coffee from Pret. Banned. Basically you have to protest quietly at home; previously known as "grumbling".
          This is it exactly.

Comment

Now that the clotting claims have been rebuked the EU has switched back to the position of threatening to halt vaccine exports to the UK unless it gets 'its fair share'. Again this revolves around AstraZeneca, the vaccine they still object to and demand in equal measure.

I find it genuinely fascinating just how epically poorly the EU is handling something as simple as vaccination

Comment

I find it very difficult to concentrate on work as well what with all the braying Tories in parliament. Something should be done about them, it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ets-fair-share
                Now that the clotting claims have been rebuked the EU has switched back to the position of threatening to halt vaccine exports to the UK unless it gets 'its fair share'. Again this revolves around AstraZeneca, the vaccine they still object to and demand in equal measure.

I find it genuinely fascinating just how epically poorly the EU is handling something as simple as vaccination
                'Give us our share of the vaccine!'
                'This vaccine isn't even safe!'
                'OK it is safe...'
                'why aren't our citizens taking the vaccine??'
                'The vaccine isn't even safe!'
                'OK it is safe...'
                'Give us our share of the vaccine!'

I mean, the look ****ing nuts!!

Comment

There's a lot of preening going on to look tough, but we need to be careful because some people are going to want to frame the EU as the bad guys.

The issue is that the EU are shipping out the Pfizer vaccine to everyone, but the UK are sorting themselves out first, rather than completing contracted delieveries.

From that Guardian article:
                  "Von der Leyen said that while BioNTech/Pfizer and Moderna were meeting their contractual obligations to the bloc, AstraZeneca was on course to deliver just 30m of its promised 90m does in the first quarter and 70m of a contracted 180m in the second.

The British government has repeatedly said it has not imposed an export ban on vaccine components or completed doses, but it did ensure that vaccine doses produced by Oxford/AstraZeneca at the sites in Staffordshire and Oxford would supply Britain first.

The EU has been angered by the refusal of the Anglo-Swedish firm to redirect doses in light of production shortfalls from its European facilities."

Side note: BioNTech, BioNTech, BioNTech is

GODZIIIIIILLAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    I find it very difficult to concentrate on work as well what with all the braying Tories in parliament. Something should be done about them, it's ridiculous.
                    They could probably reduce protests outside parliament by not doing stuff that makes people want to protest.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      They could probably reduce protests outside parliament by not doing stuff that makes people want to protest.
                      I'm going to quote this. Just because.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Agreed.

Comment

Just had a call from the Dr's booked in for my first jab tonight at 6.31

Certainly didn't expect that seeing as I'm not close to being in the top 9 categories & fully expected to be moved further down the list because of the supply issue & April stoppage

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Just had a call from the Dr's booked in for my first jab tonight at 6.31

Certainly didn't expect that seeing as I'm not close to being in the top 9 categories & fully expected to be moved further down the list because of the supply issue & April stoppage

Neil
                            That's brill, still nothing for us locally and we check every day without fail.

Comment

Delaying lockdown in the winter is said to have cause 27,000 deaths in the UK

Highlighting the truth behind the reality of the green push on cars, the Tories have slashed the electric car buyers subsidy but maintained petrol car support

And next Thursday the house will vote on whether to extend the UK's Lockdown legislation

Comment

Wednesday, 18 March 2020
                                Gavin Williamson says that schools are to close from Friday. There will be no public exams this summer.

Boris Johnson claims that the UK is “far ahead” of other countries in testing huge numbers of people. “We’re massively increasing testing from 5,000 to 10,000 a day…and we’re moving up to 25,000.”

Housing minister Robert Jenrick promises that emergency laws will prevent landlords from evicting tenants for up to three months.

Covid deaths: 43; total: 158

Comment

Working...
                                X