No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's last summer in repeat, delaying 21 June won't do jack, the damage is already being done because restrictions are already too loose. Every week is another step closer to Lockdown 04.

Comment

At this point I'm just done with it
      Open up don't open up it really makes no odds anymore we're never getting rid of it & cases will just head up & down as it goes
      We'll never get it low enough & we'll just keep treading the same cycle over & over

I'll just keep enjoying the shops while I can
      What won't happen again if we do lock down again is stop seeing my family they can GTF if they think I'm doing that **** again

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        At this point I'm just done with it
        Open up don't open up it really makes no odds anymore we're never getting rid of it & cases will just head up & down as it goes
        We'll never get it low enough & we'll just keep treading the same cycle over & over

I'll just keep enjoying the shops while I can
        What won't happen again if we do lock down again is stop seeing my family they can GTF if they think I'm doing that **** again

Neil
        I’m convinced the majority of the population agree with you.
        There’s next to no chance of any summer lockdown being adhered to, in my opinion.

I’m still a little paranoid. Despite being double-jabbed, I’m still convinced my overall health (and age) makes me more vulnerable to hospitalisation with this ****ing thing, so I’m still gonna be pretty careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
          I’m convinced the majority of the population agree with you.
          There’s next to no chance of any summer lockdown being adhered to, in my opinion.

I’m still a little paranoid. Despite being double-jabbed, I’m still convinced my overall health (and age) makes me more vulnerable to hospitalisation with this ****ing thing, so I’m still gonna be pretty careful.
          The thing is with schools open & childcare bubbles I do see my parents everyday but it's not seeing my brother that got to me
          I'm allowed to be around every tom dick & Harry in the shops & my work colleagues during lock down but not allowed to see my brother...not happening next time

I genuinely don't think anyone will adhere to lockdown again
          Obviously if they shut all the shops & pubs again then they'll be less places to go but I honestly don't think people will adhere to not seeing friends or family in their houses again

Neil

Comment

Neil, it honestly sounded like you were done with it right from the start. You’re not equipped for life in a pandemic. But you know what? Most of us aren’t. Why would we be? This is not normal. This is an extended period of not normal. And the more people carry on as if things are normal, the longer the not normal will be. That has been the reality since day one.

And yes, Budge, I think a level of caution is very sensible until most of the population are vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Neil, it honestly sounded like you were done with it right from the start. You’re not equipped for life in a pandemic. But you know what? Most of us aren’t. Why would we be? This is not normal. This is an extended period of not normal. And the more people carry on as if things are normal, the longer the not normal will be. That has been the reality since day one.

And yes, Budge, I think a level of caution is very sensible until most of the population are vaccinated.
              I wrote a whole long reply but then deleted it because I really do didn't know where I was going or what I was trying to say lol

You're right though I didn't cope at all, I'm not good in my own company (hence working from home was hell) & I struggle being cooped up with the family
              I was never designed to spend 24 hours a day with anyone
              I'm happy with how things are at the moment...shops open Etc. & Don't think we need the final step I could carry on quite happily now

Neil

Comment

People abandoned most of the rule-following once the restaurants/bars opened up. I think that was the big mistake, going from things being quite strictly controlled to "wahey, come out and have some fun" almost at the flick of a switch instead of just letting people have a quiet summer where they can meet a few friends outside and have a picnic rather than ramming every beer garden. Instead, shopping centres that already had open shops went from being relatively quiet to packed, just because folks can go to the food court and make a day of it. Mask compliance went right down too, just because a lot of people have a "well they aren't doing it, so I'm not doing it either" attitude. There's a lot of folks making a fuss about the 21st of June but there's not really that much stuff you can't do now already.

Really I think once it became clear that vaccines were going to get us out of this mess, we should have just bit the bullet and built an enormous vaccine manufacturing plant and spent as much money as required to get it all running as quickly and smoothly as possible. If we'd have done that, I bet by now we'd have vaccinated 100% of people who wanted it (both times!) and would have already recouped the cost with orders to the rest of the world. I don't think of that as a hindsight thing, I think it was pretty obvious to everyone. The only risk would have been that it could have been a bit of a waste of money that left us with a state of the art vaccine manufacturing facility that might be a bit underused, can think of worse problems.

If we'd maximised our supply, people would now be going out and enjoying their summer in a country where any inevitable spread would have been realistically mitigated to the point where we've got to accept life must go on and most infections are just unpleasant rather than putting anyone in the hospital. Instead, we're saying "well we didn't get it done in time, but it's summer isn't it, have fun" and then by about September I'm going to have that sex pest we put in charge on my TV telling me I've got to sit inside again until next April or whatever because too many people are dead, because he's a braindead friendless chancer who has spent most of this pandemic having "power naps" and trying to figure out how to pay for the expensive tastes of his cretinous wife, so he can continue his eternal quest of being a character in some straight-to-VHS 80s sex comedy. Good God, what a country I live in where that's the best guy we could find.

Comment

There won't be a lockdown over Summer, just like last year, just a mounting disaster leading into an Autumn one instead. Thing is, if case numbers keep rising then some level of tighter restrictions is unavoidable. First step?

Ban Mother-in-laws from visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Ban Mother-in-laws from visiting.
                    Now that's a rule I can get behind!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Now that's a rule I can get behind!
                      Same
                      Can we also have a "Send the wife to live with mother in law during lockdown"

Comment

Rupert Murdoch has written down the value of The Sun as zero. It should be made to shut down then.

The final lockdown easing is set now to be announced as delayed for 4 weeks. I'm sure everything will be absolutely peachy by then.

Comment

Interestingly in that link 1/3 of COVID cases are vaccinated people, one third of hospitalisations are vaccinated and one half of deaths are vaccinated

Comment

The G7 leaders' wives were treated to an open-air theatrical show by local Cornish children on the theme of protecting the environment.

Next on the evening's entertainment agenda? An aerobatic display by the Red Arrows.

It's almost genius in its pig-headed decadence.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              The G7 leaders' wives were treated to an open-air theatrical show by local Cornish children on the theme of protecting the environment.

Next on the evening's entertainment agenda? An aerobatic display by the Red Arrows.

It's almost genius in its pig-headed decadence.
                              Love how Johnson rocked up to the G7 conference to talk about protecting the environment in a jet plane.

BONUS:
                              The whole world hates us because we're trying to go back on the Brexit agreement that was oven ready and we signed.

"For his part Johnson accuses the EU of being inflexible and “purist” over the legally binding agreements."

Comment

You mean we have to abide by the legally binding agreement we signed? Those EU bastards!!

Comment

Working...
                                X