United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    You mean we have to abide by the legally binding agreement we signed? Those EU bastards!!
    There's also bad blood as Johnson is bemoaning the draconian EU in one sentence, then trying to be pals and do trade deals with France and Germany like they're not part of the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Love how Johnson rocked up to the G7 conference to talk about protecting the environment in a jet plane.
      Surely he should have ridden there on his bike.

Comment

Pfft.

Nobody cares about hypocrisy anymore. Break the law? Who cares. Break ministerial code? Who cares. Line the pockets of your local landlord to provide PPE? Who cares. Fat fool of a leader literally doesn’t know who pays for his own renovations, yet expects everyone else to pay their way? Who gives a toss!

Just more votes for the obese liar and his cabal of crooks. And since more and more voters these days see politics as a thing to ‘win’ no matter how much they suffer, they double down no matter what their side do, and refuse to admit the wrongdoing of their ‘team’, hiding behind a veneer of slogans and ‘now is not the time’ equivocations.

Comment

That's the trouble with oven ready - no-one said how long it took to cook or if we'd let it burn

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Surely he should have ridden there on his bike.
            London is North of Cornwall, so it's all downhill.
            That's how it works, right?
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 15-06-2021, 10:11.

Comment

Final restrictions easing delayed by 4 weeks, I'm sure the pandemic will be over by then

Comment

Gove says he's pretty confident that there won't be another restrictions delay

WHO says the virus is outpacing vaccinations

And Mark Harper, the perpetually wrong anti-lockdown MP, predictably says 21 June should have gone ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson
                  And Mark Harper, the perpetually wrong anti-lockdown MP, predictably says 21 June should have gone ahead
                  I don't hate the Guardian, but I do hate how linking to an article on it doesn't actually link to the article. Why the **** do they do that?!

Comment

They put tons of their news inside live feeds so by the time people go to it it's buried by other stuff, something that started when so much was happening with Brexit and seems to have stuck

Comment

If you click on the time next to the article, it gives you a link to that specific post, rather than the top of the article.

So, to get to that Mike Harper article, click this:

Maybe try that in future supes, please?
                      Not that I don't appreciate your updates.

Comment

Can't believe I never clocked that

Comment

I think Gammon News 24 actually launched.

Comment

GB News looks a bit like the TV broadcasts from Dawn of the Dead at the point where society has just about collapsed and it's just a few guys on a makeshift set arguing about whether we should drop nuclear warheads on cities.

Comment

Gammon News, lol.

It has indeed launched. I put it on last night, late night, and they were 'debating' the fact that in the Tyneside council office there was meeting room some local Tories were using and they'd put up Union Jack bunting over one window. A councillor wrote them an email asking them to take it down.

They were having a field day with this, practically frothing at the unpatrioticness of asking someone to take down Union Jack bunting. Loud declarations about how it was a symbol of freedom and hope that we should all be proud to display at all times.

Then they went to a segment called, I **** you not, 'Greatest Briton and Union Jackass', where each pundit selected their favourite and least favourite Briton of that day. The first Greatest Briton selected was Priti Patel.

Originally posted by Hirst
                              GB News looks a bit like the TV broadcasts from Dawn of the Dead at the point where society has just about collapsed and it's just a few guys on a makeshift set arguing about whether we should drop nuclear warheads on cities.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Gammon News, lol.
                                Gbeebies.

Comment

Working...
                                X