No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these people not worried that at some point, someone, will be in some awful state of affairs, blame these people and just go postal on them? Even ignoring the morality of this I've never understood how these people sleep at night; I'd be terrified that someone would come to kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Are these people not worried that at some point, someone, will be in some awful state of affairs, blame these people and just go postal on them? Even ignoring the morality of this I've never understood how these people sleep at night; I'd be terrified that someone would come to kill me.
      I think this only happens in Merica.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Voted into power consecutive times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          We are sleep walking into a fascist and corrupt government.
          Does someone want to tell him we’ve been there for some time? Democracy doesn’t really exist, just the status quo and whoever’s currently keeping it and keeping the people that got them there happy.

Comment

It's just like the exposed stupidity of the US system for holding the President to account. The Government should be held to account by an independent body they can't appoint to and in any discovered breach of conduct the MP in question stripped of their role and barred from holding a position of power again. The lack of oversight is an embarrasment and makes a mockery of every other system in place for everyone else.

Comment

Tories vote to protect stalkers and domestic abusers

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.theguardian.com/society/...mestic-abusers
                Tories vote to protect stalkers and domestic abusers
                Probably because some of them might find themselves on the register. ****ers

Comment

News just in, following the Tories voting down of the domestic abusers list, broken kneecaps of domestic abuses rose sharply by 1000%.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-04-2021, 15:49.

Comment

After pubs have been open for only a few days reports of shop windows being put through and ambulance staff scraping drunks off the pavement are hitting the local news.
                    Nice to see a return to Gin Lane.

Comment

After pubs have been open for only a few days reports of shop windows being put through and ambulance staff scraping drunks off the pavement are hitting the local news.
                      I beg your pardon but gin is a filthy foreigners' drink, as Hogarth - that arch xenophobe and pre-Brexiteer - knew. This is good old fashioned Beer Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        I beg your pardon but gin is a filthy foreigners' drink, as Hogarth - that arch xenophobe and pre-Brexiteer - knew. This is good old fashioned Beer Street.
                        Strictly Carling! Maybe an IPA but only if it sounds English.

Comment

IPA is Indian, mate! Hogarth wouldn't stand for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            IPA is Indian, mate! Hogarth wouldn't stand for it!
                            I know. I was trying to be utterly ridiculous

Comment

I really hope the councils etc. have made plans for this. Things like rubbish collections from parks etc. will need to be stepped up.

We can tut and say "why can't people just not be *****" but we all know they will be, so that doesn't solve anything.

Comment

Yes but think of the boost to the economy...

Comment

Working...
                                X