0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 10 - Resident Evil 4 EVER!

1 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dazza_cole View Post
    The best thing about the demo is the sound, this really shines with the pulse headset.
    I didn't try the pulse headphones but I will now on the demo

Just played through. Loved the setting but got to agree that the highlight is the sound through the pulse ‘phones. Really effective.

Seemed very much like more of the same, which I'm completely fine with. The first two thirds of RE7 were, I thought, a brilliant reinvention of the Resi format. The whole boat section was just lame padding though. I did read that RE7 was produced very much on the cheap by AAA standards, so I assume that was why. Hopefully this will have some more cash behind it and be more consistent throughout.

Although it's 'officially' a PS5 game, it's very much last gen in terms of visuals. Which is a little disappointing but typical for year 1 of a new format nowadays I guess.

I'm curious how much retooling has been done, if the old rumours are correct that this was a spin-off retooled to become RE8 whilst the real RE8 project fell behind and will now be RE9 it could also hint as to why this feels a bit different than RE7 but that's not new in RE anyway so might make no difference also.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    I'm curious how much retooling has been done, if the old rumours are correct that this was a spin-off retooled to become RE8 whilst the real RE8 project fell behind and will now be RE9 it could also hint as to why this feels a bit different than RE7 but that's not new in RE anyway so might make no difference also.
    Yeah, I remember reading this, but some cursory Googling doesn't turn up a whole lot. Has there been any indication of what form RE9 might take?

This could be a "my HDR / brightness / lighting setup needs tweaking" issue, but my feedback on the Maiden demo is that everything was just DARK. Not thematically, to be clear, but visually - I almost turned the damned thing off because I was squinting so much trying to see what was going on. Given it's meant to be a visual showcase above all else, I found it quite disappointing.

I never played 7 'normally' and I do think I'm going to miss the VR aspect. As I get older I think I am less and less into the idea off having the **** scared out of me too, which it's almost certainly going to shoot for too. I'm still interested, but there are a lot of reasons for me not to be.

It is intentionally dark in places, but I had no issues with it and it was as bright and clear as anything. Might be a setup thing as you say.

Think you just need to change the brightness settings at the beginning @fuse

Finally got round to playing the demo.
    Can't deny the graphics, sound and atmosphere. I found the control of the character a bit distant and floaty, like I was pushing him from behind. Hopefully that's fixed. I'll happily play more though. Ready to **** my pants again.