No announcement yet.

We're All Going on a Summe... Oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems fairly likely in the next few days that my destination (Thailand) will open to vaccinated travellers from Q3 2021, so all being well I will be booking for January 2022. It might require a fit-to-fly certificate and probably a phone tracking app, former is an annoyance (due to cost) and latter I can live with. I always keep my phone with me anyway so I can look the prices of stuff up and use maps. Guess it means I might have to buy one of those tourist SIM cards at the airport though - usually I put it on flight mode for the entire holiday and have it connected via a WiFi dongle in my camera bag. The app might not like that. That said, you can get unlimited data nowadays for 15 days for about £15 so I can live with it. Might need some kind of power bank life support system for my aging BlackBerry if the app is meant to be on all the time too, the battery life goes right down when it's hot.

Their vaccine rollout primarily consists of a locally-produced version of the Oxford one so we shouldn't have any compatibility issues. Hopefully they'll have got their population more-or-less done by the time I go too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
      Their vaccine rollout primarily consists of a locally-produced version of the Oxford one
      Mate, you can't just knock up your own vaccine in your bathtub like bootlegged moonshine!

Comment

Hopefully get to meet up with my mum for a weekend in a caravan in Essex in May. Haven't seen her since the wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          weekend in a caravan in Essex in May
          My sincerest condolences.

Comment

If that's how you feel just go and see her now. Go for a walk around a park. Plenty of people are doing this. Waiting until everyone goes mad is surely worse.

Comment

Mores the pity
              Last edited by Taito; 26-02-2021, 09:46.

Comment

Sadly she lives 6-8 hours drive away so it’s not something I can go and do on a whim. We were all planned to see each other for Christmas but obviously that never happened.

It’s much easier to meet up in Essex the couple of times a year my mum visits friends there, I get to visit some old haunts (lived there as a kid) and perhaps my dad if he can be bothered as he still lives there.

Comment

Working...
                X