Xbox 360 recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 recommendations.

Ever on the pulse of current gen activities I've been loving a bit of 360 action these last few days. Having found my original launch 360 hard drive in a cupboard I then picked up a system from CMcK to play the treats downloaded on it so I've been playing -

Outrun Arcade
    Mark Of The Ninja
    Assault Heroes 1&2
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Also on there are Ikaruga, Omega 5, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Castle Crashers, 1942 Joint Strike and Shadow complex. So all XBLA stuff really.

The reason I still have said hard drive is the RROD saga. I bought my nephew a 360 at launch as well, and between us I had to return five systems for repair and when my nephews broke the last time I just gave him my own unit in frustration being past warranty stage and just stuck my hard drive away and it's sat in a drawer ever since. Once I bought a PS3 I just never really looked back, so i got to thinking last night that I must have missed out on so many good 360 games. I'll have owned one from launch until at least as far as Gears 2 which I think is 2008.

What exclusives on both XBLA and retail games should I be playing? Preferably action based stuff.

All my suggestions would have been XBLI games, but that got shut down a couple of years ago I think.

Comment

Xbox exclusive stuff, a little harder to work out, most of the stuff I loved was muiti platform. Gears of War 3 though. Most of the other stuff was XBLA such as Shadow Complex.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I got a lot of playtime out of Trials Evolution when I had a 360. It got a port to PC although it's not as good on that, plus it's missing the extra DLC the 360 version received.

Comment

Trying to avoid just reeling off a list of ports, or things you can play on your PS4, I'd add Renegade Ops, Hard Corps: Uprising and Geometry Wars 2 to your XBLA list. If you want something less arcade-y, Outland is more of a Metroidvania thing but borrowing some of the polarity ideas from Ikaruga.

Disc-based, if you're up for a slightly offbeat FPS, maybe try The Darkness? Not sure how well it holds up now, but I remember digging it and also finding the story a cut above most other similar titles. Binary Domain is very likeable, if you fancy a cover shooter that isn't Gears. I know you're less into your bullet hell shooters, but Akai Katana should be dirt cheap on PAL if you want to give one of the later Cave games a shot?

Comment

Reach
            Crackdown

Gears 3...you'll still find online PvP and Horde lobbies with relative ease and speed.

Not exclusive, Bayonetta.

Comment

ALL the CAVE shooters

Those are must gets in my opinion
              Grab all the region free ones ASAP

Neil

Comment

Some I can think of..

Dead or Alive 4
                Dead or Alive Extreme 2..yup
                Sega Rally
                Nier
                N3
                Lost Odyssey

Afterburner Climax
                Darkstalkers Resurrection
                Daytona USA
                Guardian Heroes
                Hydro Thunder
                Radiant Silvergun
                Soul Calibur 2 HD

Comment

I know you're not a bullet hell fan [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] but I'd recommend giving Mushi Futari a go at the very least. It's got a fairly straight forward scoring system and offers different modes of intensity. Class game.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks. The Japanese shmups on the whole are out as it’s a UK system, but those comments have reminded me that I did have an NTSC-J 360 at a point as well for that very reason!

I definitely would like to go through the Gears games again, as well as The Darkness and DOA4. I’m not 100% if I ever played Crackdown? I know a friend adored it as I’m sure QC did, so I’ll maybe grab that.

Funnily enough [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] I just had a play through of Renegade Ops recently on PS4 as I adore a twin stick shooter, so if there are any 360 exclusive ones worth buying I’m all ears!

Comment

I think Wolf of the Battlefield 3 is twin stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Thanks for the suggestions so far folks. The Japanese shmups on the whole are out as it’s a UK system, but those comments have reminded me that I did have an NTSC-J 360 at a point as well for that very reason!

I definitely would like to go through the Gears games again, as well as The Darkness and DOA4. I’m not 100% if I ever played Crackdown? I know a friend adored it as I’m sure QC did, so I’ll maybe grab that.

Funnily enough [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] I just had a play through of Renegade Ops recently on PS4 as I adore a twin stick shooter, so if there are any 360 exclusive ones worth buying I’m all ears!
                        Don't forget Colin that a few of the shooters had PAL releases & a few more are region free

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                          I think Wolf of the Battlefield 3 is twin stick.
                          I think I have this in my previously downloaded list!

Comment

If you own the 360 version of MARK OF THE NINJA and an Xbox One, it updates to the remastered version free of charge.

Well, it did for me a few years back. Not sure nowadays but it's worth a try, hate it when you've gotta pay twice to play practically the same game twice!

Comment

If you fancy a squaresoft style j-rpg there's lost oddysey and blue dragon

Comment

Working...
                              X