CV Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Advice

Not the best time to start job hunting, granted, but the pandemic and lockdowns have actually made me realise how unhappy I am in my current role.

I've out my CV up on a few job sites but, and I realise this is probably due to the pandemic, am not getting much in the way of responses from agencies / potential employers.

Is there anybody on the forum who'd mind / is prepared to look at my CV and give me some advice or pointers to make my CV stand out amongst the rest?

Cheers muchly.

Though maybe not in the relevant industry, I am happy to have a look. PM me if you want.

For background, I am a hiring manager and have sat on a fair few interview panels.

Comment

I just got an email from reed.co.uk where they were offering free CV reviews via Top CV. No idea if that's any good but it you're interested I'll send you the details.

Comment

It should go without saying but if you see a job you really like the look of and can submit your CV for but the company it's for also has an actual Application Form submittal option, painfully tedious though it is, submit the form. CV's are abysmal ways of gauging applicants and whilst many companies rely on them, if the Application is there it'll be the preference. The Additional Information field on an app form is invaluable for getting through the first stages of the process.

Comment

Good luck Teddy. Where possible you shouldn't have "your CV", you should have a CV per specific role you are applying for. Not always (possibly rarely even) possible but where you have the chance tailor it. I can help looking for typos and grammatical errors and am happy to do so mate.

Comment

I'm not sure if we're in completly diffrent industries but I'll be happy to have a look [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]

I've worked for 20 years in software, gaming and app development and been responsible for hiring so have some experience.

Comment

Working...
            X