Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best pick-up-and-play games for PS1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NO! is a fun one for pick up & play fun

Comment

Yes Neil! I love Dave Mirra’s, too! It’s a direct knock off, but a good one. I’m eyeing it on the shelf now - next time I fire up my PS2, I’ll def stick that on.

I’ve never tried No Fear but will give it a go at some point. I need to sort an upscaler so I can actually use my PS2 on my new TV.

Comment

​HARMFUL PARK.

Comment

Gradius Gaiden
          Raiden Project/DX
          Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Islands

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Yes Neil! I love Dave Mirra’s, too! It’s a direct knock off, but a good one. I’m eyeing it on the shelf now - next time I fire up my PS2, I’ll def stick that on.

I’ve never tried No Fear but will give it a go at some point. I need to sort an upscaler so I can actually use my PS2 on my new TV.
            Dave Mirra was great fun & used to get a lot of play time back in the day

I also really liked Aggressive Inline but that was PS2 & GameCube era so not what the OP was after

Don't expect much from No Fear
            It's just passable but back in my PS1 Days I was big into Mountain Biking & it was the best we had at the time & for a quick blast it was ok

Neil

Comment

Another one like that, also endorsed by a clothing company, is Thrasher Skate and Destroy. Pretty bad game but I remember getting some fun out of it. Note to Asura: do not buy Thrasher Skate and Destroy, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Another one like that, also endorsed by a clothing company, is Thrasher Skate and Destroy. Pretty bad game but I remember getting some fun out of it. Note to Asura: do not buy Thrasher Skate and Destroy, lol.
                I seem to remember that one but never played it

At least No Fear is only about a fiver on eBay & you're bound to get a fivers worth of entertainment from it
                Lol

Neil

Comment

I think these have mostly been covered, but my favourites...

Gradius Gaiden
                  Gunners Heaven
                  Mr Driller
                  Tony Hawk 2

Comment

Ray Storm 100%

While we're talking about Ray...

Ray Tracers. 3D taito Chase HQ basically.

Comment

I can think of a few not mentioned, some great suggestions up there.

Incredible Crisis
                      Mass Destruction
                      Pipe Mania 3D
                      Kurushi/Intelligent Cube (and sequel)

Comment

Raiden DX has some exclusive content, if I'm remembering correctly.

Comment

Kula World is a fun puzzle game to dip in and out of. It’s quite unique, too.

Edit: I totally forgot about Incredible Crisis [MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION], that’s a great shout.

Comment

Bishi Bashi Special!

Comment

Working...
                            X