Dyson Sphere Program - PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyson Sphere Program - PC

This is the greatest game ever evented. Ever. Buy it now. You want more details? Sheeesh.

If you've played Factorio (one of the other greatest games ever made), this runs along similar lines but has been expanded on with bigger tech trees and on a solar system level. The main idea of the game is to build up the automation of material and object creation by making ever more complex constructions with the ultimate goal being to build the Dyson Sphere.

You start off landing on the base planet, deconstructing the ship and leaving you will some base materials to get started. You can manual harvest and build structures (at least earlier ones) with your mech, but in order to succeed, you must construct the workflows from mining resources, to smeltering raw materials, to combining these in assemblers which then go on to combine the outputs into further assemblers to build more complex items.

These workflows can get big and complicated and it's the challenge of making these as efficient as possible that makes this game like crack cocaine. I purchased this at the w/e and ended up with 22 hours logged on Steam come Sunday night, wondering where the time went. It melts away with this title (and it's really rare for me to spend more that 30 minutes on something if it doesn't grab my attention).

For the £15 this is up for on Steam currently, this little indie title is well worth the money and even though it's early access and a small dev team, the polish this has currently (I didn't have a single crash event) makes AAA game dev shameful. There are a couple of UI quirks to get used to (there are two different mode exits which is a bit weird), but overall these are minor niggles that don't impact on the game.

I have no hesitation recommending this to fans of the genre, it's a 10 out of 10 game.

[Steam Link]

Once you've built your Dyson Sphere on your base planet, do you say how amazing that planet is and it doesn't need any other planets, then you move your Dyson Sphere to a completely different planet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Once you've built your Dyson Sphere on your base planet, do you say how amazing that planet is and it doesn't need any other planets, then you move your Dyson Sphere to a completely different planet anyway.
      #Satire

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        You don't build Dyson Spheres around planets.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          You don't build Dyson Spheres around planets.
          You have to build them in space because a Dyson Sphere needs to be in a vacuum.

Comment

Working...
          X