No announcement yet.

Super Mario: Bowser's Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got 100 shines but the second part of the Bowser battle riding Plessie just wants me to throw the pro controller at the feckin TV. What a pain in the arse battle.

Comment

What's frustrating about that battle?

Comment

I found it pretty easy and I'm not the best!

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          What's frustrating about that battle?
          When you dive under the water then pop up and get hit by his flame
          I was knackered last night. I'll try it again on my days off

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

With this I'd say DF is a little off in their judgment, unless the backend of it surprises this 'level' isn't much different in scope than a typical open Mario 3D level. It's good stuff but it's DLC stuff through and through, 3D World is very much the focus of the content, 2-3hrs tops and Fury will be clocked.
            Couldn't disagree more.

I've just started playing this tonight - 5 Cat Shines in. DF are absolutely spot-on with their assessment of it. Bowser's Fury totally smacks of proof-of-concept 3D Mario vibes. It's nothing like the confined 2.5D style of SM3DW and power-ups like the Super Bell being in it make absolutely no odds on that whatsoever.

From the off, it's totally a sandbox that allows you to go where you want without any of the transition that you get in 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2/Odyssey. It's also a hell of a lot less polished than those 3D Mario games. In fact, it looks decidedly rough next to SM3DW.

Hell, if the first one is anything to go by, the Kaijuu Bowser battle is extremely basic!
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-03-2021, 20:56.

Comment

That's my wording By Mario 3D level I meant by comparison to the other 3D Mario titles not Mario 3D World itself which like you say is much more linear and 2D like in design. The game definitely won me over more as it went on but the wide traversal definitely fleshes it out a lot. Bring the islands closer together and its more like one level in size as each are quite easy and short.

Comment

Gotta be honest...first battle with Fury Bowser in (a week ago) and I'm struggling to care about finishing this. It just looks and plays like a really shoddy draft project 3D Mario.

Feeling like I would rather hit up Odyssey again (if only there were DLC!) or even SM3DAS instead.

Comment

[MENTION=2970]Nu-Eclipse[/MENTION]: pretty much my experience with the Bowser’s Fury part. I really enjoyed revisiting 3D World (though not enough to 100% it), but Bowser’s Fury left me cold. I played it for 3-4 hours and got... bored.

Comment

I enjoyed Bowser's Fury. It wasn't as polished or rewarding as Super Mario 3D World, and it could have been longer and tougher, but I liked the open nature to the gameplay and Mario Sunshine kinda vibe. It was a nice cherry on the cake.

Comment

The kids have been playing 3D World again on the WiiU and I tell you, it's impossible to go back to that version after the speed increase on Switch

Comment

Finally got round to giving Bowser's Fury a go. The open world works well. I'm enjoying hopping around the islands to see how I can progress. It's a well judged addition to 3D World which I always loved and am looking forward to replaying that too. I can't see Odyssey ever being bettered but this is still top drawer.

Comment

As a proof of concept it is absolutely brilliant. I think the full game will be more like Zelda BOTW in execution as to how different levels and environments are incorporated.

Comment

After a single Captain Toad stage my son has finally mastered right-stick camera control. It’s been a right pain for me to watch him struggle with that in other games up until now.

We might get the full game. It’s a real problem-solver.

Comment

Working...
                            X