Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headphone recommendations.

Hi all
    Got the answer to my original post so replaced it with this.

After some headphones primarily for immersive movie watching. Ideally they will be Bluetooth.

Probably got £100-200 budget, can possibly push to £300. Not overly fussed about gaming in the first instance, as they are primarily for movie watching, although gaming might be useful going forward. But the main consideration is film, not TV. Ideally the headphones would have some surround jiggery poker if poss.

I wear specs most of the time as I often cannot be arsed to put in contacts so comfort is the main issue. I often wear them while my other half is working in the dining room and our downstairs is open plan so maybe closed backs? But any recommendations welcomed!
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 11-02-2021, 23:46.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Feel like you'd get a lot more milage out of wired headphones unfortunately. What kind of distances are we talking here?

In terms of Bluetooth I've seen universal praise of Sony's WH-1000XM3 or XM4 headphones - little over £200 for the former. If wired is an option perhaps something like Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm.

Comment

if it's for film rather than music, make sure there's no delay on the Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        if it's for film rather than music, make sure there's no delay on the Bluetooth
        Bluetooth always has delay due to the nature of how it works - even the best bluetooth devices will have more delay than wired headphones - not a problem for music, but for video you're going to be battling audio sync all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Bluetooth always has delay due to the nature of how it works - even the best bluetooth devices will have more delay than wired headphones - not a problem for music, but for video you're going to be battling audio sync all the time.
          True. I was told it was almost non-existent with Apple earpods but I just read that they add a delay if watching video / playing games to match the earpod specifications. My desktop Bluetooth speakers are not suitable for film (but also have line in). The sound is noticeably better on music via bluetooth.

Comment

Working...
          X