Wii U Gamepad battery replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii U Gamepad battery replacement

I am wondering if it is possible to purchase a replacement battery for my Wii U Gamepad as it will no longer turn on and suspect it's from sitting on charge for most of the time.

I had a look on eBay but have no idea how to tell if it's a genuine part or cheap fake.

I can tell you first hand that there is an official high capacity battery upgrade! Amazon has them listed here and reliably informs me I bought one back in 2013. Trying to find one now might prove more of a challenge, though.

What I would say is that the process is pretty straightforward once you've got the part; if a ham-fisted gorilla like me can do it, I'd say anyone can.

Comment

The official GamePad high-capacity battery is hard-to-find nowadays but they do pop up on Play-Asia on rare occasion. Might be your best bet at this point.

Not sure what import prices for it would be though.

Comment

Being Li-On batteries some couriers might add an extra on top or won't carry it at all.
        Have you tried keep the pad on charge for a whole day? It worked for me with a few devices.

Comment

The official high-capacity upgrade now regularly goes for £50+ when it shows up on eBay. Makes me regret not buying one way back in 2014/5 when they were 10-20 everywhere...

As far as I know there's not been any cases of actually fake batteries, just plenty of unbranded ones. If the design / text matches the one in your gamepad now I wouldn't have much doubt it's genuine.

Comment

I bought this one just last month
            Took a month to arrive, but now the pad seems to last forever.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply, much apricated.

Originally posted by Solar View Post
              I bought this one just last month
              Took a month to arrive, but now the pad seems to last forever.
              At £8.99 it is worth a punt, thanks I will give this a try. I don't even use my Wii U that much think the battery died from over charging as I left it on the dock pretty much all the time after I got a Switch but it would be nice to play some of those Wii Games or just for nostalgia to play waith the GamePad.

Comment

Working...
              X