Sega R360 Cabinet Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega R360 Cabinet Found

A rare Sega arcade cabine has been found abandoned in a field! Check out the bigget gaming find of the century right here!

Utterly insane, hopefully the guy who found it is able to restore it as who knows how many of the 200 units remain

What an amazing find!

Comment

Sounds like a right job to get that back up and running. Amazing find though.
      It's still my goal to one day try one of these.

Comment

Yeah great find! I only remember seeing one of these once, I can't even remember where, I'm pretty sure it was at the seaside somewhere.

I'm not an expert on these things, but is it even possible to restore a rusting frame in such a way that it could safely move the cockpit around in the way it does? It's not really like restoring an old pinball machine is it?! I'm guessing it's the sort of thing that requires a lot of careful maintenance to run safely.

Comment

Amazing

Comment

I’m pretty sure I saw one at Butlins in Minehead. I have definitely seen one in the wild and don’t think it was at the Troc.

They had everything at that Butlins, Virtuality machines, Space Harrier Deluxe, Galaxy Force II... you name it, it was there.

Comment

They had one of these in Mr B’s arcade in Blackpool, never tried it. I think it had a version of G Loc on it.

Comment

They had one at the MetroCentre in Gateshead for a while in the 90s; it was where I tried it. Expensive, though.

Michael Jackson had one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                  They had one of these in Mr B’s arcade in Blackpool, never tried it. I think it had a version of G Loc on it.
                  I expect that's where I saw it. I thought it was Blackpool, it was usually where I saw the high-end machines. It was definitely G-LOC, until a couple of years ago I didn't realise there were other games available for it.

Whilst I'd be interested to try it, I expect it would just make me feel really sick!

Comment

I played one of these at the arcades in Scarborough once. It took up so much floor space as it needed to be cordoned off as well for safety.

Comment

Last Gamer has 2 or 3 in storage. It's Crazy what that guy owns.

Comment

Working...
                      X