How does Nintendo online work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Nintendo online work?

The last time I subscribed to an online gaming service was way back on the original Xbox. So I am unused to how these services work.

I have a 12 month individual account subscription card to Switch Online that came in the Tetris 99 physical box. Now I also have 2 Nintendo switches both with the same account on. If I validate the card on one of those switches, would the online play be tied to that console. Or is it the account that will be activated and I could play online on either as long as I don't simultaneously use that account?

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
    The last time I subscribed to an online gaming service was way back on the original Xbox. So I am unused to how these services work.

I have a 12 month individual account subscription card to Switch Online that came in the Tetris 99 physical box. Now I also have 2 Nintendo switches both with the same account on. If I validate the card on one of those switches, would the online play be tied to that console. Or is it the account that will be activated and I could play online on either as long as I don't simultaneously use that account?
    I think it's actually tied to the nintendo id user so if you log into the exact same account on either you'll be able to play but like you mentioned i'm not sure what would happen if you tried to do it on both at the same time. Never had to try with a single online sub as i ended up getting the family plan.
    Last edited by importaku; 21-02-2021, 22:59.

Comment

Thanks, I shall redeem the code and see if anyone is still playing Street Fighter online.

Comment

Working...
      X