Aliens: Fireteam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens: Fireteam

"Introducing Aliens: Fireteam, the next-gen, cooperative third-person survival shooter inspired by the blockbuster Alien franchise. Coming to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and Steam in Summer 2021! Learn more at AliensFireteam.com!"

Let's hop it'll be asymmetrical and you can play as the aliens as well.

Comment

This could be the game I’ve been waiting for since seeing an fmv clip on Gamesmaster at the dawn of the 32-bit era and mistakenly thinking it was gameplay

Comment

So Aliens meets Gears of War. About time, honestly.

Comment

Love the setting (and first film, kind of like second) but what they going to do about enemy variety? You've got the babies, the grown ups and the big momma and that's it, and the sole attack for all of them is a melee rush.

Comment

In the Alien lore the aliens take part of the form of their host creature. In the books and comics there are few different ones like flying and spitting ones. I'll give you that there isn't a huge variety but they should be able to do the standard Left 4 Dead classes at least. And in the trailer there are synths and they could have a bunch off different attack types.

I remember loving the combos they'd do in the comics and books. Like Batman fighting a crocodile alien.

Comment

Let's rock!!!

Comment

“That’s It, Man. Game Over, Man. Game Over!”

Hope this has a great atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                  Love the setting (and first film, kind of like second) but what they going to do about enemy variety? You've got the babies, the grown ups and the big momma and that's it, and the sole attack for all of them is a melee rush.
                  Facehugger, dog-burster (Alien3), hybrid (Alien 4), conehead (Prometheus).

Comment

Hmm, I'll have to see how it plays. Looks a bit janky on that vid.

Comment

Oh nice I have literally no idea what games are coming out, something to look forward to at last.

Comment

Nah, all the imagery but none of the tension. In view of not getting Alien: Isolation 2 there's really little point in making more of these games when the only one to get it right didn't sell well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Nah, all the imagery but none of the tension. In view of not getting Alien: Isolation 2 there's really little point in making more of these games when the only one to get it right didn't sell well enough.
                          Yeah it's disappointing to see them going for the gung ho battles of the sequel instead of doubling down on the suspense / terror of the original.

Alien Isolation is the best game adaptation to date and stands up well even now despite some flaws. This just looks like another re-skin of left 4 dead when we've already got plenty of those.

Even Gears 5 has hivebusters which is essentially this done really well with 3 players.

Comment

Comment

I'm up for this. Anyone on here called Hicks?

Comment

Working...
                              X