No announcement yet.

Bordersdown: The Next Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter is only 4 so she just plays the CBEEBIES apps on the tablet. She's aware of games; she's seen me on odd occasions playing stuff. She loves sonic. She asks to play but she instantly gets frustrated with the controller. Too young.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      My daughter is only 4 so she just plays the CBEEBIES apps on the tablet. She's aware of games; she's seen me on odd occasions playing stuff. She loves sonic. She asks to play but she instantly gets frustrated with the controller. Too young.
      Yep this is mine as well. They're killing it on the tablet though, those cbeebies apps are a great stepping stone.

I think the funniest thing about this generation is they think every screen is a touch screen. Mine are always swiping their dirty fingers across my brand new TV. Drives me bonkers (love em really).

Comment

So, Jr1 recieved his 2DS for his third birthday and it remained unplayed for a year. Then he started to pay it some attention, building his skills and has mostly played:

-New Super Mario Bros 2
        -Super Mario 3D Land
        -Kirby: Planet Robotron
        -Mario Kart 7

As with playing lots of Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 on WiiU he's pretty consistent in terms of progress, he gets so far but once the rewards dry up or progress becomes tricky he loses steam with it. So, here we are with him aged over 5 and a half years.

Last night he cried.

You see, as already mentioned, his friends have Switch's but he doesn't because it isn't worth the money with a WiiU to hand. Given there are so very few worthwhile exclusives on the system I've taken to letting him play mine in the evening for 20 mins as a reward for being good. His title of choice? Bowser's Fury.

Inching Cat Shine by Cat Shine he'd been in the 40+ shines for a bit now, Bowser shows up frequently and the objectives are a little more obtuse so his frustration gets up and he's so caught up in it that it gets a bit much which happened last night. He wanted help but with two other kids to deal with I told him no, but that he just had to relax and think about what he's doing instead of getting worked up. Basically reminding him that it's just a game and that the worst that happens if he dies is he can try again.

Ten minutes later you'd think Noel Edmonds had turned up with the real Mario to surprise him at the front door. Absolutely ecstatic. He'd found the 50th Cat Shine, triggered the final boss and beaten the game. The very first game he's ever seen through to the end credits.

He's wily though, what did he want as his celbratory reward?

He's now one Moon Shine in to Super Mario Odyssey

Comment

Working...
        X